Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

TC Encore question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Bronze Member

Re: TC Encore question

Ya i love everything on the rifle except the overtravel. Shot it to today and it could hold .53 inch groups @ 100yrds in heavy wind and factory ammo. Just need to play with the trigger.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Bronze Member

Ok went to bellm's website and found the over travel screws. Doesn't look hard and i've decided if i mess with the gun i might as well do some other stuff while im at it. Ill probably put in a 2 1/2 lbs trigger spring. Thats not the problem. Stockysstocks has laminated stocks for them and Im thinking bout a new stock for the gun too because for pro hunter stock isnt bipod friendly. Will i have to get any new screws to put one of these stocks in. for the buttstock it looks like it will have the screws it needs but will the fore arm work with the screw i already have for the pro hunter fore arm. they say it might need one from lowes or someplace but i would try to get one off of Mike Bellm's website if one of his will fit. If i can't find the size ill take it to a local gunsmith and let him see what it needs.

Here the page for the stocks
Thompson Center (T/C) Encore Thumbhole Stock Sets - Pro Hunter, Muzzleloader & Bull Barrels Right and Left Hand

Here is Mike Bellm's screws
Mike Bellm TCs - Forend Screws & Other Hardware
Old 05-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Bronze Member

I put a trigger spring in last summer-you'll love it once you get it set up! I ordered 3 different sizes(Kurt's advice). Mine is set @ 3#. I initially tried to go 1 size down from that and the hammer would spring on it's own!! I would recommend calling Bellm's-Kurt(Mike's son) is a stand up guy, no-one knows encores like these guys do. He'll get you set up in the right direction.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:23 AM
Bronze Member

ya i read lighter triggers than #3 had to have a new hammer spring and i think you might have to adjust the sear on it. I think ill go with #3 cuz theres a lot less work involved and 2.5 to 3 lbs is light enough for me