This isn't everything you should look for. But, start thinking in terms of feature/function. The lines between tactical and hunting scopes are beginning to blur.
You may need a blend of the following:
- good glass
- repeatable turrets
- mil dot or ballistic style reticle, but not too complicated
- 20 MOA picatinny base
- tactical rings
Other considerations include:
- Not too large. Overall size including turrets should suit your hunting style (i.e. stalk/backpack/horseback)?
- custom BDC turrets
- larger object for gathering light
- larger tube for elevation adjustment
- side focus vs AO so that you can stay on target while adjusting paralax
Buy a good scope and expect to pay a fiar price. Don't buy some cool looking cheesy toy.