Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Tactical 338 Allen Mag project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2006, 02:12 PM
Silver Member

Re: Tactical 338 Allen Mag project

Sorry I'm a little late to this thread,

But I would like to put in my 2 cents as well, regarding Kirby's professionalism. Actually it goes beyond professionalism, Gunsmithing is not just a job to Kirby but more like something he keeps in his heart.
Some people just cannot allow themselves to perform adequate work, they have to do their best every time because they have a sense of pride. And I think that's the case with Kirby.

He rebarreled my .270Wby and did an excellent job. Definitely my favorite rifle. I had the same experience as everybody else here, I bugged the hell out of him with questions and he always responded in great detail. Thanks Kirby.
Now for my next stupid question. I want a light weight Mountain rifle for Elk hunting. Caliber will be the .300WSM. Do I get the Stiller Predator Action or the Surgeon action?

I'm leaning toward the Predator due to it's cost.

Thanks,
Vic
Old 08-24-2006, 11:07 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Re: Tactical 338 Allen Mag project

Victor,

From what I am hearing you will be happy going with either receiver for this project.

I have a Manner lightweight hunting stock headed my way to check out and test. I will report on the stock here on LRH. From what I hear these are amazing stocks and I hear that from a guy that I totally trust his opinion on such matters so I am very excited.

The Manners stocks are almost totally carbon fiber with a bit of fiberglass thrown in as well. I hear they are much stronger then any other composite stock on the market right now, we will see and I will report back.

I will be putting that stock on a lightweight 257 Allen Magnum and the finish rifle weight should be around 7 lbs with a full 27" barrel.

Should be interesting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com