Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

tac 338 build needs a little help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2014, 10:04 AM
Silver Member

tac 338 build needs a little help

I'm doing a 338 build and I need a little help. I posted something similar to this in the gunsmithing section and got a fee responses but I would like to get some more info. I have a stiller tac33 manners t5 carbon fiber and a broughton 5 c standard palma. Im building either a lapua or lapua improved. What are my options for bottom metal on this to be able to maximize this cartridge. I would like to go with an internal box but also fine with a dbm. I cant find a seekins anywhere. I don't know aboit the wyatt dbm. I have heard the wyatt cfe 9 would work but is problematic. Weatherby internal box seem to be the prefered internal box. Where is the b est place to get this. Is there any other options that im overlooking or should I just put a block in it and single shot it? Thanks guys
Old 03-17-2014, 07:40 AM
Gold Member

Re: tac 338 build needs a little help

My build is a 338 LIMP using the Stiller's TAC 388 action. Like you, bottom metal was on my list - but It was hard getting definitive answers on what would work/fit. The I finally got comfortable with the Seekins, but then I stumbled across the McRee's Precision web site. For about the same price as a McMillan or Manners, I got their G5 folder - which incorporated a mag well design along with one magazine in CIP length.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:35 AM
Silver Member

Re: tac 338 build needs a little help

I thought about that but I already have the manners ordered and im really trying to keep the weight down