Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

A successful hunting season

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Silver Member

A successful hunting season

Well I know my story is late on this hunting season. It was my wifes very first hunting season and she was very successful. She shot her first elk. it was a 4 point and was shot at 262 yards. one shot was all it took. She also shot a very nice buck on the last day we had to hunt before I had fly out to another state for work. She shot a very nice 3x4 buck. Beautiful first time buck. we were lucky on that hunt. we had first seen a couple bigger bucks that morning but she was unsuccessful at harvesting one of them. We spotted the buck she ended up getting at around 1000 yards. we were able to close the distance to 100 yards by the help of a moose spooking the deer straight to us. one shot one kill. those two hunts made my year. I was unsuccessful to tag an elk, but not due to the lack of effort. I did harvest a very repectable heavy horned 4x5 buck at 500 yards. nice enough to have shoulder mounted. I could go on forever on what a wonderful year but I won't waist your time. Also If I wasn't such a computer idiot I would download pictures. It sucks being a computer idiot. anyway thought I would atleast give a short story of this years hunting success
Old 12-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Silver Member

Re: A successful hunting season

Congratulations to you and your wife. Happy to hear of your success. What kind of rifles were you shooting? What state were you hunting?

Last edited by Alfred Crouch; 12-03-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Silver Member

Re: A successful hunting season

we hunt in Idaho. the deer tags were a draw hunt in a very good area, and the elk tags are general over the counter tags. I didn't have the luck of drawing a good elk tag this year. only one gun used this year. my faithful Savage model 12fvss 300 WSM with 185 gr berger bullet. that bullet is awsome. I have never seen game fall so hard. it puts them down. I have a muzzle break on it which makes it very shootable for my wife. thanks for the reply