Originally Posted by rscott5028
I'm a strong believer in Imperial Sizing Wax and Dry Neck Lube. But, since you've been using the spray lube successfully for some time now, that's not the only issue.
Are you necking up 300 RUM to 338?
Are you lubing inside the case neck?
Do you need to polish your expander?
Do you have the bushing dies?
Have you measured the expander and your brass neck thickness and your bushing to perform minimal work hardening?
You might want to consider a K&M expander mandrel and do the necking up in a separate step from sizing the case.
Hope this helps,
They are the bushing dies and I am using a .364 bushing. The necks are already expanded when I am full length sizing because I do that in another step so there is not even an expander being used, just a cap with a pin. I have used 375 and 300 RUM brass. Another weird thing that I also noticed is that if I try to size them slower they stick worse. The way I found that seemed to stick the least was leaving the cases wet and sizing pretty quickly. I may try letting it dry a bit longer than I was originally as others suggested. The cases I had get stuck seemed pretty dry but maybe they weren't so I'll let them sit longer and see if they do as well as the wet cases. If this stuff doesn't work I guess I will go with the sizing wax and give it a try, like you said the lube hasn't been a problem before but maybe it is going to be this time. Thanks for the suggestions guys.