Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Stock's effect on long range accuracy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 09:26 PM
Silver Member

Stock's effect on long range accuracy

I have a Rem 700 in 338 with a HS Precision Sendero II stock. I am trying to get other's thoughts on upgrading to a McMillan A5 or Manners T4 style stock for long range prone shooting. This Sendero II is a nice stock but I find I struggle to find a comfortable place for my left hand while shooting. I was thinking the "hook" would help me secure the stock in my shoulder.

Thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Stock's effect on long range accuracy

I have a straight factory Savage stock. Most of the time when I am prone, my left hand is on the sand bag making adjustments. The hooks are nice also. I think you will find the McMillian and Manners stocks will ad some added comfort from the prone position. Both come with a lot of adjustment.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 05-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Silver Member

Re: Stock's effect on long range accuracy

A have a Stockade prairie dog special on my 7 wsm. I went with the adjustable cheek piece and it is the most comfortable stock I have shooting prone.
Kevin is a great guy and has a really nice product for a reasonable price.