Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Stock question?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 01:05 AM
Silver Member

Re: Stock question?

I've already got the barrel ordered. It'll be here the end of march. There were just a few stocks ready to go that were sendero contoured not medium palma....the reason i started this thread was to see if anyone had put a medium palma barrel into a sendero channeled stock to see how it fit. The reason i was interested was to keep from having to wait on a stock to be built. but alas, i've ordered a custom stock to fit perfect...blueprinted remmy action, rock creek medium palma barrel, manners t2 stock, egw 20 moa rail, and vortex viper pst 6-24x50 MOA....I've got all the parts ordered, just waiting on the barrel and stock now...
Nimrod
Old 03-15-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod1203 View Post
I've already got the barrel ordered. It'll be here the end of march. There were just a few stocks ready to go that were sendero contoured not medium palma....the reason i started this thread was to see if anyone had put a medium palma barrel into a sendero channeled stock to see how it fit. The reason i was interested was to keep from having to wait on a stock to be built. but alas, i've ordered a custom stock to fit perfect...blueprinted remmy action, rock creek medium palma barrel, manners t2 stock, egw 20 moa rail, and vortex viper pst 6-24x50 MOA....I've got all the parts ordered, just waiting on the barrel and stock now...
Nimrod
i understand these are the rifle we build they are Rock barrels but carbon tac drivers
Jense Precision i opened my shop here in oregon used to build for them
Old 03-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Silver Member

I have used med palma barrels in 5 different sendero stocks without problems. If the parallel shank at the breech end is abnormally long, the barrel may touch the stock slightly forward of the recoil lug. An appropriate sized deep well socket and sandpaper can be used to relieve the stock in this area if necessary.