Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Stock question?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 12:39 AM
Silver Member

Stock question?

Ok, so I've seen a few ready to ship stocks for Long action Remmy's. I've got a medium palma coming, but the problem is most of these stocks are for rem varmint/sendero. my question is has anyone put a medium palma in a sendero stock? I know they're close, but how do the gaps look? Pics would be nice....thanks everyone!
Nimrod
Old 03-12-2012, 01:07 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Stock question?

I ordered a HS Precision PST 036 directly from HS. The guy I talked to was Kent, who informed me I was good to go with a heavy Palma. Which would require very little to no modifications for the fit. I guess it would depend on the brand and model of stock you go with. Any reason you picked the medium over the heavy Palma? Was it a weight issue?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...4-build-83765/ - Build Thread

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...-284-a-124876/ - Gun Pictures/Ongoing Shooting Thread
Old 03-13-2012, 12:13 AM
Silver Member

This is going to be a walking/lr rig. Heavy palma adds another pound. to me, i don't need a really heavy barrel if i'm not shooting long strings of prolonged fire, and the medium gives me a good balance between stability and stiffness, without making it too bulky. It's going to be 27 inches finished, so weight was definately a consideration. Really, for my application, there wouldn't be enough gain in a heavy palma to warrant the additional weight. I like the sendero size, but the medium is SLIGHTLY smaller....and i like the straight tapered look of the palma. To me, unless you're going 20" barrel, there isn't any reason to go heavy barrel....thats my .02 to it....
Nimrod
Old 03-13-2012, 06:27 AM
Platinum Member

Call the people making the stock.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod1203 View Post
Ok, so I've seen a few ready to ship stocks for Long action Remmy's. I've got a medium palma coming, but the problem is most of these stocks are for rem varmint/sendero. my question is has anyone put a medium palma in a sendero stock? I know they're close, but how do the gaps look? Pics would be nice....thanks everyone!
Nimrod
have you looked at manners i use them i also use bell and carlson
Old 03-14-2012, 12:16 AM
Silver Member

I've just ordered manners actually. There were just a few mcmillan's that were ready to ship, but they had sendero/rem varmint channels. I was going to see if anyone had used a sendero stock with a medium palma barrel, just to save 12-16 weeks. but already ordered one.
Nimrod
Old 03-14-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod1203 View Post
I've just ordered manners actually. There were just a few mcmillan's that were ready to ship, but they had sendero/rem varmint channels. I was going to see if anyone had used a sendero stock with a medium palma barrel, just to save 12-16 weeks. but already ordered one.
Nimrod
rock barrels here they are www.rockcreekbarrels.com