Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Stock help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Silver Member

Re: Stock help

WOW!!! Not trying to pitch anything. I was just trying to point you in the right direction. If you want to spend your money on a bad stock, go ahead, just trying to help. I have seen many B&C stocks and the quality is horrible. Good luck, I am sure you'll find one.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReeper View Post
WOW!!! Not trying to pitch anything. I was just trying to point you in the right direction. If you want to spend your money on a bad stock, go ahead, just trying to help. I have seen many B&C stocks and the quality is horrible. Good luck, I am sure you'll find one.
Thanx for your input but it Sounds like a pitch to me,Im not looking for advice,as the original post says Im looking for a B&C a5,not a knockoff made in a garage in MO where they park trucks on them to test their strength and cost $200 more + a several week wait.If you can get your buddy to lower the cost cost to $400 and ship one Monday I might take a look at one,although there is no way for me to get my hands on one but I do have 2 B&Cs in the gun room and they both are of the highest quality,they fit right and the finish is perfect.I know the B&C are quality made,why would I pay more for a stock I have never seen or heard of and apparently I would have to wait many weeks and call several times to find out when and if Im going to get it?Not to mention they charge you extra for the finished color and just about everything else the B&C comes complete with

Old 02-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Silver Member

Nonya, if your not asking for advice, then why does your title say "Stock Help"? Anyhow, Manners stocks are very popular. I am not sure why you are putting them down. I have used B&C stocks and their quality is horrible compared to a Manners or McMillan. I believe Kirby Allen is currently using them on some of his builds. If Kirby is using them, they most be pretty darn good. I don't think I 've ever seen Kirby build on a B&C, however, I may be wrong. I just don't see a quality gunsmith recommending a B&C. I have had many custom rifles built, and I have never had a gunsmith recommend a B&C stock. If you think the Manners stocks are over priced, I am really surprised your even thinking about buying a B&C. One more thing to consider, re-sale value. Manners & McMillan will hold there value. The B&C will drop as soon as you buy it and not too many will want to buy a used one.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Gold Member

Sigh......

Ok show me one of theirs that costs $400(complete,not before they add on more for everything you need for a finished stock) the and has the adjustments of the A5,one I can have in 2 weeks or less...............Oh yhe,one that doesnt have that ugly ass bumpy (hammered dog S***) look to it.............

Last edited by NONYA; 02-07-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Silver Member

You got me there. However, once again, you get what you pay for. There is a reason why it only takes a few weeks to get a B&C, it's called the lack of quality controll. Sure, you'll get your stock in two weeks, but wouldn't you want to wait a little longer for the better stock. Here is another way to put it, anybody can go home with a two dollar whore, but wouldn't it be better to wait for the southern bell. When it comes to accurate hunting and shooting, QUALITY components win everytime.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Gold Member

The 2 I have couldnt be built any better,Im not planing on parking my truck on them so Ill be ok(stupid pic on their site because the stiock is bending right on the bedding block) and Im working on a budget,THAT IS WHY I WAS LOOKING FOR A USED ONE,I just got a pm from someone here who has used both and he told me the B&C look better built while sitting side by side with these overpriced clones,he is quite knowledgable about firearms so Ill take his word as truth.So once again,let me clarify,Im looking for a B&C A5 Medalist/tactical stock,hope to find a used one,Im working on a budget and I dont want to wait several weeks for a stock from a company I have never heard of before today....is that clear enough?????? Oh yhe Im not looking for a prostitue either...JESUS!

Old 02-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Platinum Member

Well I was holding back cuz I thought this thread was straying from the origional post. But heck my one post sure won't hurt it now.

I disagree on the Manners. Just recently we had another custom build. The smith had both in stock. New Manners and a New Mcmillan. Both A-5 style. We chose the Mcmillan HANDS DOWN!! The Manners didn't even come close in my eyes.

Just my opinion

Jeff