Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

States and Dates for Hunting: P.D., Coyote and Antelope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 08:29 AM

States and Dates for Hunting: P.D., Coyote and Antelope

I'm trying to get a handle on some future plans to hunt. I would like to drive from Chicago to maybe S.D. and WY to start. I'm open to p.d., coyote and antelope. What approximate months are open for my hunting choices. Does S.D. and WY work? Do I need to get put on a list for tags? Can I shoot without tags on private lands? Any info to get me started would be most appreciated.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:00 AM
Silver Member

Re: States and Dates for Hunting: P.D., Coyote and Antelope

All states require some type of conservation fee to shoot varmits, like PD's. For big game, you need to apply in advance for tags, see the states FW&P websites, some are DNR, etc.
Better not load up the truck and drive, it takes lots of planning, even PD's are outfitted now in most areas.
Good luck