Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Starting the little ones out right

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-19-2006, 02:33 AM
Official LRH Sponsor
Re: Starting the little ones out right

Great pic, you are getting alot of those with your two kids and I know how much you enjoy them. I suspect they will be very involved in the outdoors with their daddy.

About the 22 AM rimfire thing, have to think on that one!!!

I was thinking of a small 17 cal round but it would be a centerfire.

Anyway, great pic and tell your boy fine shooting!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

PS tell these boys I actually can smile once in a while!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page:

Unread 12-20-2006, 08:21 AM
Gold Member

ok, here's my contribution to making the warm blooded creatures queasy, yeah she's cute huh? let me tell ya she is the bloodthirstiest youngster I've ever been around, and don't think she can't shoot that chipmunk, she went 4 for 4 on sqirrels this fall
Born to Hunt, Forced to Work!
Unread 12-23-2006, 01:02 AM
Bronze Member

I am all for the little ones getting started. I also cringe to hear people say they want to wait until their son/daughter is old enough to want to go hunting or fishing. I always figured I would take mine until they told me they did not like it.

My daughter has been hunting with us since she was 5 months old. She does not know any different and she absolutely loves the outdoors, hunting and fishing. She is also taking up shooting her BB gun. I get weird looks all the time when we talk about her shooting because she is only 2.5 now but, she is pretty decent. I have spent a lot of time with her shooting and while she has a long way to go she does very good.

Here is her before she was one, I think she was about 8 months at the time.

Her Pop teaching her about a 300 WBY!

She cut her teeth on horns!

And this year she learned how to clean a dove! She love bird hunting and running the dog!

I am going to have to start working on getting her a real gun fixed up in the next year or two!

You should be very proud! When he steps up to a 222 or 223 or something to kill a whitetail with we will have to arrange some sort of hunt for him. I love watching young kiddos shoot does or hogs or even management deer!