Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

some pics from my south africa hunt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2004, 09:43 PM

some pics from my south africa hunt

Hi Im new here but thought i would share my pics with ya. If any of ya ever get the chance to go to S.Africa go dont hold back it was the best hunt i have ever done. I highly recommend these guys Huntershill Safaris. Looks like you guys got a very nice sight here hope i get to know some of got any ?s please ask [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2004, 05:47 AM
Platinum Member

Re: some pics from my south africa hunt

Nice looking critters and congrats on what appears to have been a good hunt... How did the misses like it??? (I assume the lady was with you.)

Baboons!!!! That's what I'm talk'n bout... I gonna go over and have a whack at some critters and a vacation in the next year or two. I plan on long range baboons with my 375H&H.

Welcome to Long Range Hunting!
Old 12-21-2004, 06:14 AM
Silver Member

Now that looks like a fun hunt!!! Welcome aboard. What cal. rifle's/handloads were you using? I would love to get a crew together to go hunt Africa. What would a hunt like that set me back?
Old 12-21-2004, 08:04 PM

LOL the wife was not happy at first since i just up and did this but after we got over there she loved and said were coming back (thought in my head YES)lol so in 06 we are going back Baboons are hard to hunt there eye sight is like 2 times better then ours so when they see ya they are gone we just happen to walk up on the one i got and he was only about 100 yds but by time i got the gun up and shot PH scoped him at about 475
Old 12-21-2004, 08:09 PM

I was using a Sako 30.06 loads im not sure i was using theirs and i cant rember what they were. the hunt i did with airfare and all my animals mounted my total is like $6500 give or take. When i go back in 06 thats what im trying to do is get about 5 to 10 buddys to go with me got 3 already put down deposit so atleast there will be 4 us thus far. the only thing that sucked abuot the hole thing is the plane ride man did that suck.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:16 PM

Nice, Looks like you got your moneys worth, How bout some names for those animals (I don't know all of them) What the heck is the furry thing in the second picture, It looks like one of those animals on the cards all the kids like to collect...heh And I know youve got some good stories to tell about some of those hunts.....
JD
Old 12-23-2004, 12:57 AM

Pic 1- Gemsbok 37 5/8 "
Pic 2- fromleft to right Duiker7",Mountian reedbuck 12", Steenbuck 8", in front Spring hair
Pic 3- Baboon Just plain BIG lol
Pic 4- Blue wildebeest little under 40"
Pic 5- Blesbok 17"
Pic 6- Springbuck 13"
not pictured Impala 24"
Kudu 50"
The spring hair is like a cross between a rabbit and a kangaroo. When it gets dark out them things are every where.
ya got some good storys trying to write it then will copy paste it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]