Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Some other Scotland Photos.,

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-25-2005, 09:18 AM
Silver Member
Re: Some other Scotland Photos.,

Brilliant, had a shxxy day, that story just cheered me up no end.

Our management group also used to stalk the Ettrick valley up until a few years ago, it is indeed a wonderful place.

Fine buck, well done [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Unread 10-25-2005, 01:30 PM
Silver Member

Howdy Pete,

Nice pics and wonderful story! I just love that British accent (yes, you can hear it even when reading). Loved the part about you and your spaniel rolling down the hill. I'm still chuckling, not at you, but rather with you!

I will be looking forward to more stories from you.
Take care,
Unread 10-25-2005, 04:39 PM
Platinum Member

i can't decide if the guns look cool or kinda nasty with the "moderators" on them!
Unread 10-26-2005, 12:10 AM
Gold Member

Looks can be decieving, moderated rifles certainly are a lot less nasty, more mildly mannered, less recoil, no or almost no muzzle flash (depending on mod type)and the danr things wont ruin your hearing. Down side is added length and balance issues.
Moderators can also have accuracy benefits, this particular rifle shoots 1/4 mao groups with hornady 180gr interlock standard factory ammo. but put the light magnum 180gr hornady through it and it opens up to 3/4 moa. screw the mod on and its right back to 1/4 moa, which suits me as ive a liking for the performance of the light mags. so i get a positive change to barrel harmonics and the rifle is a puppy to shoot, a mod acts like a muzzle break, without all the noise. I get a 20cm lower POI with the mod on at 100m. which isn't surprising when you hang such a lump on the end of the barrel.
I just hope the the German auithorities follow the EU health and safety guid lines and let us use them here after Feb next year.
Occupying the British Zone.
Unread 10-26-2005, 12:51 PM

Hi Pete, cant exactly remember where it was in the etterick i was stalking,but at the moment i am completing my dsc level 2 at eskdalemuir.This is a lovely place(as you will know)which has been designed around deer managment.Both myself and my wife have been stalking there quite a number of times and we have only blanked once and that was on a rather crappy day!(must be the luckiest stalkers around to only blank once in the past 6 outings!!)There appears to be plenty of deer there from what i can see and they dont seem to pressured!. Please keep us up to date with the development on your moderator.
Unread 10-26-2005, 06:14 PM

Dang, and I was just in Thun, Switzerland two weeks ago -- completely slipped my mind that B&T are in Thun!

Great looking buck there, Pete.
Unread 10-27-2005, 04:48 AM
Gold Member

Nice buck pete. In my opinion it is worth the tough hunt, although it seems you did not walk or hike too much.. just sitting and sliding downhill on your butt.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]