Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Smartphone ballistic apps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 08:45 AM
Gold Member

Re: Smartphone ballistic apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garycrow View Post
Type "shooter ballistic calculator" in the app store search and it'll be the first one that pops up.

Yeah I found it, but in order to down load it I'm gonna have to upgrade my I phone. Go figure thanks for the help.

Rick
Old 12-01-2012, 09:56 AM
Platinum Member

Here's a pic of how my app balistic AE looks for my load on a iPhone. First row down is drop in inches then moa adj, then wind drift inches and moa, then speed and energy. The last colum is lead in moa for a target moving 2 mph.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Platinum Member

I use Strelok and mildot calculator ... works fine for me at the moment.

Don't have any experience with this but here's another option ...

iSnipe™ - The Original Ballistics Calculator For The iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch - By Web Diligence - Screencasts

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Silver Member

Does it have the same readings in HUD though. Mine still exactly the same in charts but the HUD is messed up, only reads in whole numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nddodd View Post
Here's a pic of how my app balistic AE looks for my load on a iPhone. First row down is drop in inches then moa adj, then wind drift inches and moa, then speed and energy. The last colum is lead in moa for a target moving 2 mph.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:52 PM

mikebob,

I had the same problem with the HUD... If you go into your iPhone's settings, scroll down until you find the Ballistic AE app, select it, then scroll down again to the Heads-Up-Display section and there you can change the "output precision" from whole number to tenths or hundredths... Now once you go back into ballistic, and switch pages (from trajectory to HUD) a couple of times, it should fix it.

Hope this helps.

-James
Old 12-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Silver Member

James

You the Man worked like a charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty6ixand2 View Post
mikebob,

I had the same problem with the HUD... If you go into your iPhone's settings, scroll down until you find the Ballistic AE app, select it, then scroll down again to the Heads-Up-Display section and there you can change the "output precision" from whole number to tenths or hundredths... Now once you go back into ballistic, and switch pages (from trajectory to HUD) a couple of times, it should fix it.

Hope this helps.

-James
Old 12-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Platinum Member

I have an old style flip phone but I thought about upgrading to a smart phone . That way I can download Shooter or Brians . At my hunting club I have zero cell phone signals so my question is would I be able to use shooter with no cell phone service ?
Thanks