Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Slob hunters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2013, 09:51 PM
Platinum Member

re: Slob hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
MY sop if I hunt alone (or with a partner is), I always carry 2 guns. My rifle and my 44 S&W revolver. There is just something persuasive about a 44 with an 8 3/4 barrel in a DeSantis holster. I have had a couple confrontations over the years. The 44 is always a convincer without unholstering it.

Thanks 'Dirty Harry'.....
I find my little 4" 425TI Taurus .41 mag serves the same purpose handily.

It's an incredibly light and easy to carry magnum. I have a cross draw holster that keeps it just above my left front Pocket and it's very "handy".
Old 11-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
MY sop if I hunt alone (or with a partner is), I always carry 2 guns. My rifle and my 44 S&W revolver. There is just something persuasive about a 44 with an 8 3/4 barrel in a DeSantis holster. I have had a couple confrontations over the years. The 44 is always a convincer without unholstering it.

Thanks 'Dirty Harry'.....
Model 629 with a 4" barrel here. High ride hip holster because with my short legs those standard hip holsters with 8" barrel guns drag the ground......
Old 11-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Silver Member

I carry a cimmaron 45 colt on my hip but with the jack asses having guys setting out 300-550 yards with their rifles pointed at us I had to do what I thought was safest for my kids. I still get pissed just thinking about the deal. But on a side note my son killed a big 2x3 blacktail this morning. Ryan
Old 11-16-2013, 11:11 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigry26 View Post
I carry a cimmaron 45 colt on my hip but with the jack asses having guys setting out 300-550 yards with their rifles pointed at us I had to do what I thought was safest for my kids. I still get pissed just thinking about the deal. But on a side note my son killed a big 2x3 blacktail this morning. Ryan
You made the wisest and safest choice under the circumstances you were dealt.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:14 PM
Platinum Member

... and you did the right thing. Anytime children are nnvolved the game changes.

In as much as my kids are grown, I don't have that issue to consider.

Problem is, it's not just hunters, or politcians or your local car dealer, its a general attitude in this country thats prevalent today. Give an inch, take a mile. Don't G.A.S about your fellow man, do what makes you feel good and hell with everyone else.

We (as a country) need to get back to basics, basics about honesty and fair play. I read the other day in the newspaper that kids in sports today get trophies for loosing or trophies for just showing up and I thought WTF...

Sometimes I think it would be better to live and die by the gun. There is a certain decisive fanility about that.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:16 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
Model 629 with a 4" barrel here. High ride hip holster because with my short legs those standard hip holsters with 8" barrel guns drag the ground......
Short guys and tall gals with short skirts go together......