Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

SHV 5-20x56mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 01:50 PM
Bronze Member

SHV 5-20x56mm

I noticed over the weekend Nightforce is now offering another scope in the SHV line. Like the title says 5-20x56mm. Looks a great scope for the money. It has all the things I was wishing the 4-14 SHV had. For one a little more magnification for longer shots. Zero set comes standard. It wasn't even offered on the other. Not sure the difference between zero stop and zero set is but it does the same thing. Anyways just thought I'd help spread the news!
Old 07-08-2014, 02:58 PM
Platinum Member

Re: SHV 5-20x56mm

SWEET!!! I have been holding out on an SHV hoping they'd hint at adding another scope or 2 to the line-up, and I'm very glad to hear they added this. I'm fixing to head to their site to check it out now!

Thanks for the heads-up.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:01 PM
Bronze Member

Interesting, thank you for the info. Will have to look into this. Was hoping they would get around to a 50 instead of the 56.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:12 PM
Platinum Member

Now if they'll just make one with exposed turrets instead of capped turrets. I'd pay an extra $100 for that option.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 07-08-2014, 03:14 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Now if they'll just make one with exposed turrets instead of capped turrets. I'd pay an extra $100 for that option.
Throw the caps away and you have exposed turrets
Old 07-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninglover1 View Post
Throw the caps away and you have exposed turrets
Yeah, but that I don't want that big ole huge 2" tall elev. turret stuck up there...They look goofy.

Quote:
Old 07-08-2014, 03:24 PM
Bronze Member

Looked at the Nightforce sight. Does appear they do have some kind of zero stop. But the windage and elevation turrets have been reduced. Believe elevation was 80 and windage was 50. This is way more than a guy like me needs, but do wonder why?