Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Shooting on TV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Silver Member

Re: Shooting on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 115vld View Post
Ha you might beat mewith a tow truck but branch would still prob win!

Yeh, he is pretty hard core. I was reading a Flex and he was doing dips with some type of massive anchor chain slung around his neck. It looked brutal. Was or is there going to be a spread in Muscular Development, or was it just an internet thing?

Unread 07-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Silver Member

That's not jet an Internet thing, we filmed a chest lift last week and we do dips with those chains around our necks. They weigh about 75 lbs each and we put 3 on our necks and go to failure then strip one and keep going til there is no more to give
Unread 07-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Bronze Member

I couldn't help but notice that even on a big guy the recoil from the Weatherby seems quite significant. Is it as bad as it looks?
Unread 07-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Silver Member

Not that bad, you can watch your bullet impact at 500 easy
Unread 07-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Bronze Member

All jokes aside...I was wondering if recoil/shockwave just was more visible 'cause of the amount of muscle on the shooter. Gives it some sort of medium to be visible in as opposed to a bag of bones like myself where it would not be as visible,exept maybe the skid marks.
Unread 07-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 115vld View Post
That's not jet an Internet thing, we filmed a chest lift last week and we do dips with those chains around our necks. They weigh about 75 lbs each and we put 3 on our necks and go to failure then strip one and keep going til there is no more to give
I was wondering if MD was going to do an article/expose on you guys long range shooting. It would be cool to see serious bodybuilders doing something other than lifting and eating. A lot of the mags make it seem like these dudes don't have a life other than lifting. I know two weeks out from the O he will probably completely focused on training and eating, but there's no reason a pro athlete, like a bodybuilder, can't have a hobby. Again, that chain stuff is impressive. Do you got any shows coming up?
Unread 07-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Silver Member

I am doing my first show next July. Branch will shut down everything 4 weeks out. Yes we are supposed to be in MD but I don't know which issue. Yes hunting is branchs second love...my first I am glad I could get him into the longrange stuff. He has a McMillan A5 on the way in for his rifle. After he shot mine he said there was not even a question on what he should get for long range.