Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Shooting results !!!!!! (Today) Pics added!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Shooting results !!!!!! (Today) Pics added!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korhil78 View Post
Well you need to keep looking through your scope to see where you are after the shot. It's called follow through. If your crosshairs are way off target after your shot then you are holding the rifle incorrectly.
Okay I will try this as well . Whatever it takes ! Thanks
Old 07-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Bronze Member

bunny ear bag. I was refering to the rear bag rest that is next to your windshield. I
prefer mine as hard as I can get it. I've noticed that a soft bag can contribute to vertical stinging. the reason i pay attention to wear my cross hairs settle after the shot is because if I set up my body position so that the cross hairs are close to point of aim my groups are much better.when shooting from a bipod, I want my cross hairs above the target and very little left or right after the shot.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member

BigBuck, I wanted to add your shooting is not that bad. But it will get much better with proper rifle control and with better conditions.

The importance of being Solid

Jeff
Old 07-05-2012, 08:51 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
BigBuck, I wanted to add your shooting is not that bad. But it will get much better with proper rifle control and with better conditions.

The importance of being Solid

Jeff
You actually shot sub MOA at 800 yds which is not bad at all. I have also learned a lot from that link that he posted.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Gold Member

Re: Shooting results !!!!!! (Today)

Quote:
I understand the need for gettig up off the ground, but shooting across a truck hood in not a stable platform for these distances. Put a piece of 3/4 OSB or plywood in the back of the truck. Drop the tailgate and slide the plywood out the the end of the gate. Then go prone with a good bipod and solid sand bags on the rear.
Except in Pa. one heck of a fine shooting off of a vechicle at any part. Cant even leave a loaded gun resting against vechicle while eating lunch.
Mike
Old 07-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike33 View Post
Except in Pa. one heck of a fine shooting off of a vechicle at any part. Cant even leave a loaded gun resting against vechicle while eating lunch.
Mike

Even on private land? Wow! Guess thats why I live in Montana. Thanks for the heads up though. In talking with a Game Warden here I was told it is legal as long as you are not shooting game. For shooting game you may use the truck as a rest but your feet need to be on the ground. Over the hood , box rail or between the door and cab is ok, as long as your feet are on the ground.

Big Buck where do you live?

Jeff
Old 07-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Even on private land? Wow! Guess thats why I live in Montana. Thanks for the heads up though. In talking with a Game Warden here I was told it is legal as long as you are not shooting game. For shooting game you may use the truck as a rest but your feet need to be on the ground. Over the hood , box rail or between the door and cab is ok, as long as your feet are on the ground.

Big Buck where do you live?

Jeff
Alabama . Guess yalls can call me a full blooded redneck .

The truck is my father inlaws (black) saburbin which didnt help my barrel any. Thats why I put the card board under the barrel on top of the hood. I was sweating so hard that my but stock looked like you had poured water on it .

Thanks guys for taking the time to help me out , with your advice and help I really appreciate it !