Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Shooting mat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-15-2006, 03:29 PM
Silver Member
Re: Shooting mat

I have one of the mats made by Competition Edge Dynamics and it works pretty good, and it is comfortable to lay on.

The only things I have to complain about is the flap they have that rolls out in front of the map is too short for the guns that we shoot. Second, the "grippy" part of the mat gets really freaking hot in the sun since it is black. It will get so hot that unless you have something to protect your elbows they will feel like they are being burned. If you put a light colored towel down for your elbows it is perfect.
I keep nature balanced - I hunt everything!

Unread 07-18-2006, 08:02 AM
Platinum Member

Here is another one Dillon Precision .
Unread 07-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Here is a picture of my shooting mat that I bought from Green Mountain Tactical. The mat is made by Eagle. I made a few improvements to it as you can see. I sewed two additional panels on that fold out when fully deployed, and fold in when used as a carry case. I also added an elastic shell holder to keep a few close by.

I could not find a mat that was wide enough to accomodate my elbows, so I picked the one I liked the best and customized it. [image][/image] [image][/image]

"Character is who you are when nobody is watching"