Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

shooting in the heat?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Gold Member

Re: shooting in the heat?

buncha weanies... its 106 at the moment, 68% RH and im doing load development! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Heading up the hill right now as a matter of fact.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:34 PM
SPONSOR

[ QUOTE ]
buncha weanies... its 106 at the moment, 68% RH and im doing load development! Heading up the hill right now as a matter of fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just waiting for someone else to step in first, but ditto on that!!!
Old 07-19-2006, 06:58 PM
Platinum Member

abinok, BB
You Ok. boys are my idols [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'm sitting in the basement turning necks and trying to convince myself that I don't need a 7mm AM (not going so well). Just don't like the heat and humidity.

Chris
Old 07-19-2006, 08:41 PM
Gold Member

Actually it was my rifle that stressed out.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:03 PM
Gold Member

I can relate to that, being 30 miles from the gulf and not that far from the bay system we have pleanty of humidity to go around.

Last Friday we were shooting it was 97 degrees and raining on us, while the sun shown down from around the sides of the rain clouds. Man talk about fun.....ye haaa

My Photo's

"Heck why would I lie, most folks don't believe the truth when I tell them"
Old 07-20-2006, 10:06 AM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
buncha weanies... its 106 at the moment, 68% RH and im doing load development! Heading up the hill right now as a matter of fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just waiting for someone else to step in first, but ditto on that!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I figure since ive got the range this close... I can set up the bench equipment, and do the loading at the house drive back down to the house, load, cool off a bit, drink a glass of tea, and run back up the hill to shoot them. I can suck it up for the 15-20 minutes it takes to run up and shoot 10 rounds or so. Ive been using an ez up lately as well. Even as chubby as I am, I barely sweat after ive finished a string and crawled back in the car [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ive been doing my ladders at night lately, between 1 and 4 am. With the baro the way its been lately, the conditions at night are just AWESOME!!! Completly flat wind condition. Thats how both of the testing groups I emailed you were produced. Ive got the big target set up at 1575 at the moment. Well have to see if the conditions will hold on through the cold front thats coming this weekend, but hopefully mon or tues night ill have some more targets the other side of transonic!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2006, 11:47 AM

I'm a new guy here, just wanted to say hi. Good to see some boys from Oklahoma! AB, I envy you much, I just got through mowing the dang grass. Only wish I was loading and shooting. Heading off to bed, night shift sucks! You guys have a good'n.
Nick