Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Poll: Do you wear eye protection
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Do you wear eye protection

Shooting Glasses?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Shooting Glasses?

Thank you kind sir! Am on my way to Edmonton for dental work on Monday, so I'll stop and see her.

Later....

"Teenagers scare the living chit outta me!"
Old 03-19-2010, 12:06 AM
Platinum Member

I dont want to be the party pooper, but I wont jump on this wagon. Its just not for me.
I am forced to enforce the bs rule on the jobsite. I will NOT wear them on my own time unless I feel the need to. Nor will I ever belong to a gunclub that mandates them. And its too bad too, because I love being involved in the community, and love to introduce people to the sport I love. Not to mention with a ranching and construction background, I feel I can bring alot to the table for volunteer work for some clubs. Common sense goes a long way, I dont need a R/O acting like HITLER.
To each thier own and I will not pass judgement on anyone doing what they feel is in the intrests of thier own safety. I expect the same in my direction. If you think you need them wear em. Im not too proud to wear them when I feel the need to, but Im not in the habbit of being forced to do something that restricts what I can do without it either. Common sense goes a long way.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"

Last edited by winmag; 03-19-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
I dont want to be the party pooper, but I wont jump on this wagon. Its just not for me.
I am forced to enforce the bs rule on the jobsite. I will NOT wear them on my own time unless I feel the need to. Nor will I ever belong to a gunclub that mandates them. And its too bad too, because I love being involved in the community, and love to introduce people to the sport I love. Not to mention with a ranching and construction background, I feel I can bring alot to the table for volunteer work for some clubs. Common sense goes a long way, I dont need a R/O acting like HITLER.
To each thier own and I will not pass judgement on anyone doing what they feel is in the intrests of thier own safety. I expect the same in my direction. If you think you need them wear em. Im not too proud to wear them when I feel the need to, but Im not in the habbit of being forced to do something that restricts what I can do without it either. Common sense goes a long way.
Dude... Chill out.

I don't like a lot of rules. I didn't like having to wear a seat belt when that law was first implemented in Texas in 1986. But, I got over it.

And, I've learned not to take these things so personally and to focus on what's important, such as having a good safe time shooting.

Granted, glasses may or may not protect you in any or all situations. And, I don't always wear mine. Frankly, when I'm on my own land, I do as I please.

Some RO's are too relaxed or not existent. Others are over the top. But, all kinds of people frequent shooting ranges and I feel safer when there's an RO enforcing a bit of safety.

If I'm offended or feel unsafe, I don't go back.

Be safe.

--richard
Old 02-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Silver Member

I recently suffered an eye injury and to say it wasn't the nicest thing happen to me is an understatement.

I truly RESPECT my eyes now!

I have always worn either sunglasses or safety glasses (that look like sunglasses) when shooting, the odd time when I'm out hunting I do not wear them. But generally wear them at the range 100% of the time - just for my own peace of mind not some 'rule'.

I would prefer to prevent an injury than try and recover from one...

Peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
Old 02-12-2011, 05:02 AM
Platinum Member

Take a look here for info on getting prescription shooting glasses. I got some today and showed my optometrist the print out of the info and he agreed with it.

Shooting and RX Glasses..

gt40
Old 02-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Silver Member

I wear oakley jawbones most of the time, lens swap is seconds away, im not religious about eye protection while hunting but try to be, however i had a 17 hmr fly apart in my face and i was wearing glasses, my face was burnt and hurt all over except my eyes and had some specs of i believe powder imbedded in my skin, if it werent for the glasses i might have lost an eye, thankfully all i lost was some permanent hearing in my left ear.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deer View Post
sorry for that. Hope evertything is better now.
thanks its all good though