Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Poll: Do you wear eye protection
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Do you wear eye protection

Shooting Glasses?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Silver Member

Shooting Glasses?

I was noticing pics of guys shooting and hunting without eye protection. So I thought I would start a poll and see what most are doing.
Since I started shooting silhouettes I got into the good habit of wearing them whenever I am shooting. It has saved my eyes from getting poked when getting to my calling spot in the dark, just can't see those branches without a light.
So what are you all doing???

Mike
Old 09-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Shooting Glasses?

Not only do I wear them when I am shooting. I insist that everyone in attendance wear them as well. I recently gave a demonstration at a local range, 2 of the spectators did not have glasses, I asked the audience if they had any extra's and in a couple minutes everyone was protected.

I was shooting steel targets during the demonstration and I didn't want anyone to be the victim of an unfortunate (albeit rare) accident.

AJ

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives
Old 09-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Gold Member

I wear eyes and ears (sometimes double ears) when shooting at the range, and now since the rifle has a brake, when shooting during hunting as well (providing there is enough time). I wear glasses for all practice sessions, and when walking in the woods in the dark. I don't wear glasses normally, so it's something that I should do.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Silver Member

I took a toe nail to the eye when I was 12 in a Tae Kwon Do tournament. I had to wear an eye patch for a whole summer. Made me really respect my eyes.
Now I am a right lens color for right light junky. Always looking for the right contrast.
For me it is safety and fun to find the right glasses.

"You know it is all fun and games until someone loses an eye."
Old 09-12-2008, 07:48 AM
Platinum Member

I try to always wear glasses when shooting and most of the time when hunting. If I don't have them on it's because I had a brain fart and left them somewhere. I hate walking through the woods in the dark and getting poked in the face. I will usually have them on when shooting my bow as well-if any of you have ever had a bow come apart on you then you understand. Now-a-days the Army makes you wear them whenever you are "In the field" so I'm used to it. In Iraq some units made their guys wear them every time they went outside. We kinda poked at them about it. That is until I had one of my guys accidentally flick a cigarette cherry in my eye and I couldn't see out of it for a week. I looked like this;).

It's all fun and games till someone gets an eye poked out...then it's just fun.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Bronze Member

Then there's those of us who have to wear glasses. As we have to have proper safety glasses in the oilfield, it's just as easy to wear them all the time. Just add the side shields before shooting.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Platinum Member

I know the importance of wearing safety glasses but never think much about it because I wear prescription glasses and they're suppose to work as safety glasses. I try to tell every one else to wear them when shooting and get frustrated if for some reason I forget and see someone shooting without them.

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!