Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

shooter app

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 12:02 AM
Bronze Member

shooter app

OK fellas, I just bought the shooter app for my new droid phone. with my i-phone when i hit the solution button I could scroll through ranges at increments I set very fast by spinning it. On the droid no matter what I set it to 10tds, 25yds, 50yds etc. the scroll still stays at 1 yard increments while the chart screen reflects the increments I select. How can I get the scroll to change from 1 yard increments? I e-mailed the address it told me to for questions but never got a response. Any help would be awesome. Thanks
Old 11-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Bronze Member

Re: shooter app

C'mon guys someone has to know what the deal is with this.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:45 PM
Platinum Member

On the page where you select which firearm. At the bottom right you will find a tab that is for preferences, scroll to the bottom of this page, 2nd from the last you should see "Range Step Size" click on this and select the desired step 10yrd, 25yrd, 50yrd ect, then just back out to the select fire arm page. Pull up a solution and it should give you a solution or table (which ever you select) that the range changes by your choosen increments. There are some things that do not work with shooter on my phone, I can't enter a decimal place, I have to move the cursor to one side or the other of a decimal if I want to use one. On my tablet everything works fine, so I'm not sure what the deal is with my phone.
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 11-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Bronze Member

thanls for the rep[y joe, I have done what you suggested. on the solution page it still shows 1 yard increments while on the table screen it breaks it down in the increment I selected. any other suggestions? I use a galaxy s3 if that's any help.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblbustr View Post
OK fellas, I just bought the shooter app for my new droid phone. with my i-phone when i hit the solution button I could scroll through ranges at increments I set very fast by spinning it. On the droid no matter what I set it to 10tds, 25yds, 50yds etc. the scroll still stays at 1 yard increments while the chart screen reflects the increments I select. How can I get the scroll to change from 1 yard increments? I e-mailed the address it told me to for questions but never got a response. Any help would be awesome. Thanks
With my iPhone if in preferences I change the step increments it changes both in the chart and in the solution screens. Must be a difference in the operating systems and how they run the software.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 11-26-2013, 11:24 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcebcj View Post
With my iPhone if in preferences I change the step increments it changes both in the chart and in the solution screens. Must be a difference in the operating systems and how they run the software.
That what I'm thinking. I do know that how well or not your phone plays with an app depends solely on the person that wrote/installed the phone programing
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe