Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

shoot with LRH menbers in MI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2003, 07:40 PM
Gold Member

shoot with LRH menbers in MI

I shot with a couple of guys form LRH today the whether was not as good as we hoped but we got to shoot at 580 yards in the fog-rain. We all took turns shooting my 22BR pistol and 338 yogi and Rbrownings new 257 Wetherby Mag at 580 yards we shot steel plats and a 1000 yard IBS target. The 22BR was a lot of fun to shoot at 580 with confirmed hits on the steel plats 6"x8". We got Rbrownings 257 on paper then the fog let up a little so we moved the targets a little farther away out to 720 Yards. I shot a couple shots at the steel with my 338 Yogi and let the other guys shoot one shot at the steel targets. Rbrowning shot the 257 3 or 4 shots and was on target. The fog was letting up so we could see out to my 900 yard back stop so we moved the targets out to 900 yards. I shot a couple sitters then hit one of the steel plates. Then Bob shot the Yogi and hit another plate then Rbrowning shot the yogi and another plate fell. Bob and I went down and set the plats back up. Then Rbrowning started shooting the acumarke 257 Wetherby Mag he took I think it was 3 spotter shots then hit one of the plates the impact was 1.5" from center. It was Bobs turn with the 257 Mag he hit one of the plates also. That's some good shooting with a factory Acumark 257 Wetherby Mag. I shot some with the 22BR but we could not see the hits in the field or a vapor trail maybe next time it will be dryer.
Crow Mag
Old 11-02-2003, 07:49 PM
Silver Member

Re: shoot with LRH menbers in MI

Hey Crow Mag, I live in MI and it looks like I missed out on all the fun. Where do you guys shoot and when?
Old 11-02-2003, 09:16 PM
Gold Member

Hi Roadrunner
We shoot just south of Battle Creek email me
ewallace@cablespeed.com
Old 11-03-2003, 08:30 AM
Bronze Member

Damm I wish I had been able to make it. Sounds like you had some fun. Dropped you a e-mail about next weekend let me know.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2003, 04:39 PM
Silver Member

And a great time was had by all [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I was surprised at what I could do with the Weatherby at the longer ranges, better than I had expected. I decided that I will be adding a brake though. I also decided that another scope is in order. The Bushnell 4200 2.5-10 was clear enough and the magnification wasn't too low, but without target turrets, I lost track of where I was. I had planned on Stoney Point knobs but they don't make them for a Bushnell.

This was the first time past 100 yards for Bob and he was very skeptical on the way to shoot. He was very excited on the way home. I think he may have caught a bug, one that there is no known cure for ... LRH [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

RBrowning
Old 11-04-2003, 09:20 AM
Bronze Member

That sounds like a great time. Maybe we could get a LRH shoot in Michigan sometime.
CrowMag what tipe of steel pleats ar you shooting? I would think that the 338 you have would punch holes in it at 300 yds.

LeMay OUT
Old 11-04-2003, 04:06 PM
Gold Member

LeMay
I got the plats from the Rail Road the plats are for holding the track to the ties. The plats are almost 1" thick I dont shoot the 300g SMK at the plats under 500 yards and it still puts a crater in them at that range.
Crow Mag