Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Sendero Shooters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Sendero Shooters

Slopehunter, go with the Sendero, you will not be sorry. Also, go with the 300 Remington Utra Mag, it's an awesome caliber. The good the thing about Remington, is their actions are top notch. If you have a gunsmith do some work to them, they are alomost as good as a custom action. The Remington Sendero is usually a pretty accurate rifle, however, I have heard many people say "Remingtons are not as accurate as they once were". However, I would still buy one anyway, and I am sure they are still accurate. I had a Remington M700 VSSF II, in 220 Swift, and it was pretty darn accurate, before I customized it. It was shooting 1/2 groups, with factory ammo, right out of the box. I bought that rifle in 2003. I started hearing and reading about bad reports, on Remingtons, in about 2004. I've heard their quality control hasn't been real good, as of late.

I've been hearing that the Savage 12BVVS is probably the most accurate rifle out of the box, and it looks pretty good too! I have never owned a Savage rifle, but I've been thinking about buying one in the 204 caliber, if they make it. You might want to look at the Savage before you make up your mind on the Sendero. However, if you have plans to have the rifle customized, than buy the Remington. If I a choice between the two, I would buy the Remington. Good luck on your choice.

Wildcat
Old 10-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Gold Member

Thanks for the input everyone. Appreciate it very much!
Old 10-23-2006, 10:39 AM
Silver Member

ive had my 300 Win Sendero since 97....I LOVE IT!

had it crowned,skim bedded,trigger adjusted to three pounds,and fitted with a brake...shoots the 200AB's into under an inch at 200yds. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

i couldnt be more pleased with a factory rifle.

www.jglezos@aol.com
Old 10-23-2006, 12:48 PM
Silver Member

I've got a 300 WM and it's great. I put a Shilen trigger in it and adjusted it to 2.5 lbs. I also put an Ops Inc brake on it and it shoots about .75 MOA. If I bedded it, it would probably be a bit tighter. Recoil is about like my .308. Very durable and a great value.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Gold Member

Remington did produce some short action senderos chambered in 7mm & 300 saum.Early this year they were being clearanced out by most dealers.I picked up a 300 saum for a decent price and had Kirby order a reamer to deepen the throat so heavier bullets wouldnt be seated so deep in the case.It was also spec'd to a tighter chamber/neck than stock.Had the action trued and installed a match barrel w/ brake.I just got it back last week and hope to get it setup and sighted in for deer next month but between work and the family, time is usually in short supply [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
The gun looks great Kirby! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2006, 09:29 AM
Platinum Member

I've had one ever since I laid eyes on 'em. My first was the CM unfluted in 7mmRM and after about 1500rds I just recently traded it in for the 700PSS in 7mmRM. So far it's proving to be just as accurate as the first. I had one in .300 Win Mag a while back but traded it for a 1960-70 era Model 700 Varmint Special in .243 Win. I also have a Sendero SF in .25-06 Rem and a 700 VS in .22-250 Rem. I have tweaked the triggers on all of these and that's it. All shoot sub .5MOA with handloads. I also have a Savage 110FP (older) in .223 Rem and it hangs with my Remingtons. I have put a Timney trigger on it. When these barrels wear out I'll be looking for another just lik'em. Johnny K.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Silver Member

I have sedero sfII 300RUM and my brother has sendero SfII 7mmRM
and 7mm RUM all are great shooters, these ones all like the
berger bullets 500 yrds+
I dont think you will be dissapointed.