Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Scope Rings? Lets hear opinions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Silver Member

Scope Rings? Lets hear opinions.

I am in the final stages of having my first custom rifle built. Its is what i feel a completely "top shelf" build for using a Remington factory action. Built by Gre-Tan Rifles.

Action single point machined, bold body double sleeved. firing pin hole bushed and pin turned, double pinned recoil lug. lugs lapped, .350 lug. Sako extractor,
Manners stock
Jewell trigger w/ safety
Krieger barrel MTU w/ 5-R finished LONG
APS Medium muzzle brake
Surgeon bolt knob
Near Mfg Scope rail epoxied with all 6 8x40 bolts

Chambered in .300 WM with a tight neck chamber

I am looking for SUGGESTIONS for "TOP SHELF" 30mm scope rings. I have been wanting D.D. Ross but have no luck getting any so i am looking for any and all advice. PROS/CONS

Thank you
Surgeon DBM
Old 04-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Scope Rings? Lets hear opinions.

I like Seekins. All the ruggedness of Nightforce with cleaner lines, torx anchors rather then 1/2 inch nuts, and a little better price...
Old 04-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Silver Member

Burris signature rings 20 moa inserts, and they leave no scope rings, i have never had them come loose, horses, ATV, or a tumble down the hill
Old 04-26-2012, 11:03 PM
Silver Member

I am obsessive in scope mounting and no offense but the burris rings were the reason I started epoxying scope bases. I had a scope that wouldn't hold adjustment and found the rings, even though properly torqued by a freshly calibrated Snap-on in/Lb torque driver (they blamed my torque wrench at first and it cost $40 for calibration) Maybe just a bad batch but getting blamed for a properly done job is a sure way to lose a customer
Old 04-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy427 View Post

Near Mfg Scope rail epoxied with all 6 8x40 bolts
You went with a Near Mfg. rail, why not his rings? They are probably one of the best in my opinion. For my build I went with Badger Ordnance base and rings!

Good luck!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...4-build-83765/ - Build Thread
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...-284-a-124876/ - Gun Pictures/Ongoing Shooting Thread
Old 04-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy427 View Post
I am obsessive in scope mounting and no offense but the burris rings were the reason I started epoxying scope bases. I had a scope that wouldn't hold adjustment and found the rings, even though properly torqued by a freshly calibrated Snap-on in/Lb torque driver (they blamed my torque wrench at first and it cost $40 for calibration) Maybe just a bad batch but getting blamed for a properly done job is a sure way to lose a customer
were they burris signature rings or just burris rings? there is a difference
Old 04-26-2012, 11:29 PM
Silver Member

I didn't go with NEAR rings because i was really set on the D.D. Ross rings. unfortunately I cannot get ahold of them to order any nor can i get a return call or e-mail.