Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Which scope rail for a Rem Mod 7?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 03:03 PM
Silver Member

Which scope rail for a Rem Mod 7?

Want a rail for mounting a scope on a Rem Mod 7. What would you suggest? I do not know anything about the subject. Thanks for any and all input. My current 2 piece Leupy mounts puts the scope to far back. It hits the head from recoil every once in a while ... even when consciously allowing all the space I can. I think a rail will allow me to move the scope forward more. It is on a 7 mm SAUM.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Silver Member

Re: Which scope rail for a Rem Mod 7?

Remington XP 25 MOA 3 Hole - $25.99 : Evolution Gun Works , World Class Precision Parts

This one should fit the 3 or 4 hole Model 7 receivers.

If you want a 4 hole rail, this one should work

http://egw-guns.com/store/index.php?...roducts_id=248
Old 07-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Platinum Member

+1 for the EGW, and try and make a conscious effort to hold your head square to the scope. If you tip your head in at all, you will get smacked. That is something I have to think about every once in awhile.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 07-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Platinum Member

I believe that there is a long list of us who will not buy another EGW. That list is down in the optics section of the forum.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobob View Post
I believe that there is a long list of us who will not buy another EGW. That list is down in the optics section of the forum.
What were the complaints? I have had nothing but good things to say about mine!

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:02 PM
Silver Member

Well ..... Buffalobob ..... If not EGW what rail would you use? Your input is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Platinum Member

If you donít mind putting out some bucks for a quality scope base check out Near Manufacturing or Seekins. If weight is an issue the Seekins bases are lighter. Both build excellent rails.

Near Manufacturing - Rifle Scope Bases
Seekins Precision :: Innovative Products for Precision Shooters

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein