Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

scope problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 03:47 PM

scope problem

need some help , just got a new 700 sendero in a 300 wm , with a vortex 6x25 hst scope . base is a millet 20 Moa rail , with vortex rings . got it on paper at 100 yards , I'm 8" high and 1/4 left of center . the problem is I only have 14 clicks of windage to go to the left , I'm not sure it it's the rings , base or the scope that is out . I only put 6 rounds through it as I ran out of time at the range , at 25 yards it was 4" high and 4" to the right .
Old 07-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Platinum Member

Re: scope problem

Either your reciever holes aren't drilled to center, your base is bent, or your scope is messed up. Most likely, your holes aren't centered...

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Either your reciever holes aren't drilled to center, your base is bent, or your scope is messed up. Most likely, your holes aren't centered...
+1
I can't tell you how many rifles I have had from factory like that. Burris Signature Zee rings are your best friend!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:23 PM

ok thanks for the info guys , I'm at work for the next 2 weeks when I get home I will have the receiver and the rail checked , mite have to send it back to remington to get fixed or a new gun .
Old 07-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Gold Member

Barrel to receiver fit is bad! Bore not in line with receiver!!

Ralph L. Ermey
Old 07-17-2013, 09:51 PM
Bronze Member

Same problem I had...holes were way off. When you get home take off your rail and screw in the rail screws in the receiver, then use a good straight edge to put against the screws. In the length of my barrel the straight edge was completely off the muzzle. As someone mention use the Burris rings with shims or have the holes welded shut and new ones drilled.....or talk remmy into giving you a new gun
Old 07-18-2013, 05:26 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulhern View Post
Barrel to receiver fit is bad! Bore not in line with receiver!!
I had this problem with a 700 SPS in 7MM/08, the barrel was cross threaded.