Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Savage tactical / longrange stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 09:57 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Savage tactical / longrange stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Nice rifle geargrinder! What caliber and barrel specs? Also is that stock something you had to wait on? Also is that a tactical bolt if so where did you find that?
It was a 300win. The barrel is a factory Savage 26" stainless fluted varmint taper. It was a very accurate barrel. I sold it a while back and I'm now shooting a 28" Shilen 8" twist stainless select match 7mmWSM.

The stock is a Stockade Tactical/Pdog special. Yes there is a wait, about 14 weeks. Kevin Rayhill makes each one to order. You have your choice of recoil pad, LOP, barrel channel, LH/RH, sling studs, sling cups, sling stud rail, adjustable cheek, and finish.

You can get them unfinished out of the mold, or prepped ready to paint, or painted. I got mine out of the mold and finished it myself with Plastikote Stone fleck and a few coats of satin polyeurethane.

It wasn't exactly cheap, but in comparison to other left hand long action Savage tactical stocks, it was a great deal. Kevin is also very good to deal with. Be prepared for a lengthy chat.

The bolt handle is a Sharp Shooter Supply left hand tactical handle. Fred quit making them(the lefty version) a while back. It's really a shame, it's a great looking handle. Stockade makes a nice one too, but I don't care for its looks.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:31 PM
Silver Member

I 2nd the Stockade tactical stock, because I own 1. IF you can, get the older style with the extended butt hook. To me it is more aesthetically pleasing to the eye but you may like the more pronounced butthook. Here is mine, notice how the butthook is not as pronounced as the newer ones

Last edited by Southernfryedyankee; 05-31-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:04 AM
Silver Member

So where is the best place to buy a B&C stock?
Old 06-01-2009, 10:59 AM
Silver Member

I'm getting a 110 FCP-K, and as soon as possible I'm going to put a SSS LVTR stock on it. It's a tactical stock that's laminated, and it can be made with an adjustable cheek rest.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:03 AM
Silver Member

2finger take a look at stockades tactical almost the same design, full aluminum bedding block and no wood

Old 06-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Silver Member

I'll check it out. I'm left handed, so I don't know if they make a southpaw version.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3fingervic View Post
I'll check it out. I'm left handed, so I don't know if they make a southpaw version.
Check out my picture on the first page of this thread.

That is the Stockade Tactical in left hand long action.

Kevin at Stockade will make it any way you want. You have choice of barrel channel, action length, LH/RH, LOP, recoil pad, sling swivels, finish, accessory rail, and adjustable cheek. I may have missed a couple options, but you get the point.

It is truely a custom stock. The only downside is the 14 week wait.

If you order a stock from Stockade, get the bolt lift kit and tactical bolt handle while you're at it.