Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Savage Build 260

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2014, 02:05 PM

Re: Savage Build 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooretitan View Post
Paperwork has been filled out and I get to pick everything up on 5/22. Really excited about putting everything together. The reason for not just getting a standard savage in a 260 is that I have always wanted to do a build and I only have 350 in the rifle and i will probably use the scope on my kids 10/22 so really for $250 for a new action is prefect. I hope to learn a lot from the build.
The reason for the 260 is I have other calibers that can reach a 1000 yards but nothing in a 6.5mm seems like the 260 will be a great caliber to learn with. Good brass and bullet selection, light recoil, easy to load for, good barrel life and it is something that if I grow out of it my kids can start shooting with it. My 300 rum might be a little much for them
I will call Jim this week and hope to everything in a done by this summer

Thanks
I just finished my build....Stevens 200 in .243 was the parent rifle, I know have a 7-08 w/26" shilen barrel, boyds stock, and SAV-1 trigger. I bedded the action and slapped a Vortex HS-T 6-24 on it. So far, I've been able to shoot .75 MOA at 100 yards...but am still working up loads for it.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:29 AM

Re: Savage Build 260

Talked to Jim Briggs the last couple of days and placed an order today.

Shilen Stainless Select Match 1-8 twist 260 with new lug and barrel nut, plus a Rifle Basix Sav 1 trigger.

Going to put it into an H-S Pro Series 2000 stock. (black with gray web)

Should have everything around the time I pick up the gun. Hope to get everything finished up and on paper in June.