Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Savage 338 RUM build with pics!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Savage 338 RUM build with pics!

The stock is a Stockade Gunstocks Prairie Dog Special that we ordered as a money saver, I've got some hours into making it right, the lines were of and I'm picky so I have a lot of filling, filing and sanding into it to get it all right. I also fitted the barrel channel to the barrel so it fallows the contour of the barrel and has the same fit all around it. It's a good fitting stock and handles very well and the price is right!
The camo dipping was done by HD Hydrographics, less than a week turn around and they did a good job. The pattern is Boneyard Legends, I'm not into the dipping but my buddy wanted something that stood out and he picked this out. It is really quite cool when you look at the details and it is an effective camo as well though the rifle could be neon green at the ranges it was built for!

He's loading brass like crazy now so maybe we can get some groups shot and finalize our ballistics then we have to find a place to take it to a mile which is what he wanted out of it which I think it will do without to much trouble after seeing the initial results.

I have a twin to it about half done but it's a Remington in a Forest laminate Hart stock that should be done within a month if I get on it, barrel, brake and reamer will be the same so we'll see which one shoots better

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 04-24-2012, 09:51 PM
Gold Member

Very Nice. Is it a repeater? If so: what magazine or rather where from?
Old 04-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Silver Member

Really nice looking build, i just built it's little brother. Stockade PDog Special with adjustable cheek, criterion pre fit 6.5 284, 26 inch, went with rifle basix trigger and sss recoil lug. Stockade Stocks are nice, bought the money saver and fisnished myself. easy, solid, stiff, pretty awesome stuff.