Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Savage 111 or Tikka T3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 08:12 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Savage 111 or Tikka T3

also try gallery of guns, get the caliber you want. Not just what some store has on the shelf.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightfootE View Post
also try gallery of guns, get the caliber you want. Not just what some store has on the shelf.
Buds also has a large selection.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Bronze Member

Here you go
Tikka T3 Lite .308 SHIPS FREE
Here is the price quote you requested on our item,
Tikka T3 Lite .308,
listed on BudsGunShop.com for MSRP:

We will sell it to you for $506.00. (The price does include shipping.)
Prices on our website are updated every twenty mins and as a result the price of this item could change.

What do you think.
One More for a fellow shooter
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/i...5/Rifles/Tikka
5 STAR FEEDBACK
Large selection stainless and blue. FREE SHIPPING!
YOU BETTER BE ALL OVER THIS..
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/80575

Here is the price quote you requested on our item,
Tikka 3 + 1 308 Winchester w/Stainless Barrel & Black Synthe,
listed on BudsGunShop.com for MSRP:
We will sell it to you for $644.00. (The price does include shipping.)
Prices on our website are updated every twenty mins and as a result the price of this item could change.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:07 AM
Silver Member

I have a Tikka T3 Lite Stainless in 270WSM and it is terrific.
I am still working up a load for it however it seems to like most anything I have put together.
It will be my mountain/light weight rig for sheep and goats someday.
The Tikka gets my vote.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Silver Member

So wife has the T3 light and its in a 243. It a slick little shooting gun. It shoot about 3/4 inch groups with over the counter. I have a savage 116 in the 6.5 with the accu stock and trigger. It shoots 3/4 with over the counter and .5 with hand loads. Once I got a conistant 1/2 group that was repeatable I quit trying to tweak it more. I actually love the savage and the accur trigger breaks very well. Mine has all bottom metal hinged mag that is inside the stock and when release it allows the bullets to just fall out. The barrel is a flutted semi heavy barrel with no muzzle break. I will say this the T3 light..I'm +1 on not going over something like a 30-06 as well. the rifles are just so light. I was actually some what suprized as to how much recoil the little 243 had. So for me I'll say go with the savage and I always go stainless.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Silver Member

Here is my opinion. I really like my Tikka T3 Lite in .270wsm. Great shooting rifle. Recoil is not bad at all. Out of the box it was shoot sub moa groups with factory ammo. The only problem that I see with the Tikka is that aftermarket parts are very limited. If you are looking for a rifle to build off of you are probably better off going to the Savage. More availability of parts and much easier to work on with limited tools/knowledge. Either way they are both good rifles and will be fun to shoot.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pburton View Post
Here is my opinion. I really like my Tikka T3 Lite in .270wsm. Great shooting rifle. Recoil is not bad at all. Out of the box it was shoot sub moa groups with factory ammo. The only problem that I see with the Tikka is that aftermarket parts are very limited. If you are looking for a rifle to build off of you are probably better off going to the Savage. More availability of parts and much easier to work on with limited tools/knowledge. Either way they are both good rifles and will be fun to shoot.
that is a tough call as right now I am simply looking for off the wall accuracy around 1 moa and dont think I will ever tinker or customize but who knows haha