Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Saturday's "F" class match was awesome!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 11:10 PM
Bronze Member

Saturday's "F" class match was awesome!

Saturday the 13th was the second "F" class match I have participated in.

Nate and I were on the first relay a I got to use a new target (see pix. below) I shot a 149 out of a possible 150 with 5 X's . Needless to say I was really encouraged.We went to the pits next (that's how I was able to get the pix on the new target) and didn't shoot for three consecutive relays. By the time we were back up to shoot the winds had picked up and were being quite strange, there were literally times where the wind flags along the range were all blowing in different directions at the same time. I overheard almost every guy there commenting on how unusual it was and they haven't seen weird winds like this before?? anyway, all our scores dropped drastically and I was doubtful I would be in the top 3 placers. My second relay (at 900 yds.) I only shot 136 with 2X's and my last relay (at 1000yds.)was even worse with a 122 and 0 X's but as low as my last two relays were it was still high enough to put me as match winner!!!
I was pretty tickled to say the least..... next month Nate will be defending his state championship!! I'm looking forward to it....that is if they will let me come back....I think I may need to bring brownies or cookies to bribe them into letting me shoot

My first 15 shots of the match @800 yds.

Nate in the pits

The scores are up.....

I was shooting the same 6x47 Lapua as I did in my first match with 105
Berger bullets with 40 grains of H4350 this time.

Last edited by *Prairie Princess*; 06-17-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Saturday's "F" class match was awesome!

Way to go girl!!!!

BTW, Nate will be defending his championship from whom?
Old 06-18-2009, 12:28 AM
Platinum Member

Nicely done!
Old 06-18-2009, 06:58 AM
Silver Member

Considering the fact that im tired of getting my butt kick by the Dagley family i am thinking i should sell my 6x47 that nate built me and i will keep score for you liz. never the less great job on kicking your hubbys butt AGAIN.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:20 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjonh2001 View Post
Considering the fact that im tired of getting my butt kick by the Dagley family i am thinking i should sell my 6x47 that nate built me and i will keep score for you liz. never the less great job on kicking your hubbys butt AGAIN.

Toby, you can keep score for me anytime
In all honesty you are some fierce competition.

*Prairie Princess*
Old 06-19-2009, 12:44 AM
Bronze Member

Where did Nathan find you?? Are there anymore?? ha ha....Really, great shootin and to think you don't even have as much the trigger time as some of the fellas u shoot against and ur spankin them!!! Good shooting and I commend you for the time u put in this posting and other posting (you too Nate) I always enjoy reading posting by you two!!!

thanks again and good luck to both at the next match, look forward to reading about it..

-Tim Beasley

Last edited by tbeasley; 06-19-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:06 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Prairie Princess* View Post
it was still high enough to put me as match winner!!!
Congratulations!
Great shooting!
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams