Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Sako 75 300 WSM problems. Where do I start.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Sako 75 300 WSM problems. Where do I start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHO View Post
Tank, I am using winchester brass. I will switch and see what happens. Thank you

No problem. I could only get 3 useful loads from the Winchester and it would go bad whether I would anneal or not. First load would fire form, 2nd load group nicely and keep ES down, and 3rd load after sizing would be marginal. After that nothing good came of it.

Tank
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 11-19-2011, 02:44 AM

MHO, you should make sure your barrel is tight. I have a 75 and I was having the same problem. I miss a huge 10 point !!! Just sayin!! I don't know what I am going to do. I call SAKO ( beretta) they said to send it in they will reseat the barrel. I am thinking about not sending it and getting new barrel for gun.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 11-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Silver Member

Sako barrels are some of the best factory barrels you can buy. If they are willing to reseat it for free i would try that first before spending the money on a new barrel.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:37 PM

You are right about the Sako barrel, that is why I bought the gun. Everything about this gun is great. I am just not sure if I am going to feel right with it with this barrel, ie, threads may not be square (even). I am thinking about just going ahead and getting a custom barrel and a McMillan stock. I want to make sure that the bullet is gone where I want it. This barrel never really shot like I thought this gun should. I know that it may have been just the barrl lose, but if thats the case I have shot this gun with the barrl ose many times. I need to make sure that I did not mess the threads up.

If anyone has any suggestion please fell free to help me, whether it be opinion on keeping this barrel, or what to do to accurize the gun...

Thank you
Old 11-20-2011, 05:56 PM

I am having the same prob. I discovered that my barrel is lose. Check your barrel. I am thinking about going ahead and changing the barrel. I am doing some research, learned that the Sako barrel all be it a Great gun their barrel are to thin. It whips with the WSM rifles. Let me know if that is the case. Hope this helps.