Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Safe Door

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2008, 05:48 PM

Safe Door

Not sure where to post this so I will ask here.. I am starting to build a gun room and have been looking for a door anybody have any input on a safe door? ..Thanks
Old 05-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Platinum Member

I would say the door used would depend on the type of room your building. Is it a concrete vault that is fire proof if so that is out of my expertise? If you are looking for something like a 2 hour door (fire door) any good door shop can build it to your specs. There are quite a few standard commercial doors with metal outers’ available that would work well for a secure 2 hour room.

Hope that helps some.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 05-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Platinum Member

i'm in the planning stage of doing a similar project, at least i think i am. my plan is to install a metal door with a key punch combination dead bolt. the striker plate will be a 1/4" thick steel plate about 4 ft long that will be glued and screwed into the solid frame around the door. the deadbolt operates on batteries or a key if needed. not as secure as a vault, but should keep 98% of the criminals and hopefully my 9 yr old out of the room when we're not around.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:21 PM

I guess I should have gave a idea of what I am doing.. It is going to be built out of block then filled solid, I am looking at something like the browning vault door or a door built by sportsman steel.. Thanks
Old 05-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Silver Member

safe door

Here is a link to a company that I would love to have a need to do business with!
Safe Room Doors,Safe Doors, Security Doors, Safe Room Door, Security Door, BALLISTIC DOORS

Adn if you happen to be in a REAL generous mood I'll take the rack opictured here (equiped of course!)
Gun and Weapon Racks Systems with Expandable Components for law inforcment and military
Old 05-25-2008, 02:19 PM
Bronze Member

Liberty makes gun vault doors. Take a look at their website.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:05 PM
Bronze Member

Oops, TMI

Last edited by wayneborngesser; 05-25-2008 at 10:06 PM. Reason: TMI, way TMI