Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Ross Schuler muzzle brake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2011, 12:21 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Ross Schuler muzzle brake

Quote:
Originally Posted by el si View Post
They're CNC machined. And Ross can taper it down to match your barrel diameter. Or you can send him your barrel (no actions) and he can thread the barrel and install the brake.
At thse prices I may just have to try one.

It'll be easy since mine already has a factory brake. I can just remove it and send it to him to match. Looking at his design it'll be far more effective and couldn't possibly be any louder.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Platinum Member

I bought one recently.

The quality and design appears to be very good in spite of the low price point.

I hope to find time this weekend to install and test it.

If all goes well, I look forward to purchasing many more.

-- richard
Old 09-12-2011, 12:38 PM

I have had several of the different design brakes from Ross over the years and they have all been really good brakes. I sent Ross another barrel to have one of his newer timed brakes installed and I got back an email telling me that he had been in a serious ATV accident and was in the hospital and not expecting to be doing any work again for some months. Has anyone heard anything about his condition or what happened to cause the accident? I know he has some friends on the forum and I was looking for an update and to see if there was anything that could help him along. I sounds serious and I would like to help if he needs it.

Thanks and have a great day!

Bob Mascharka
New Port Richey, FL
Old 09-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Gold Member

Ross has been in the hospital for almost 3 weeks. He was hit by a truck while on his ATV deer hunting. He sustained a pretty major wound to his lower leg (basically it ripped the calf muscle off the bone and screwed up a lot of tendons and ligaments in his knee). He has had 1 surgery for the leg wound and 1 to reconstruct his knee so far. He will probably have to have a skin graft on his leg as well but they are letting it heal on it's own the best they can. They are going to make a decision on when he gets released the end of this week. When he gets out of the hospital I will try to help him with muzzle brakes the best I can since he will be off his feet for a while yet. He and I use to do them together when he lived in Boise so it's not like I'm new to it. He just lives 45 minutes away now.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:57 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoCTD View Post
Ross has been in the hospital for almost 3 weeks. He was hit by a truck while on his ATV deer hunting. He sustained a pretty major wound to his lower leg (basically it ripped the calf muscle off the bone and screwed up a lot of tendons and ligaments in his knee). He has had 1 surgery for the leg wound and 1 to reconstruct his knee so far. He will probably have to have a skin graft on his leg as well but they are letting it heal on it's own the best they can. They are going to make a decision on when he gets released the end of this week. When he gets out of the hospital I will try to help him with muzzle brakes the best I can since he will be off his feet for a while yet. He and I use to do them together when he lived in Boise so it's not like I'm new to it. He just lives 45 minutes away now.
Praying for his speedy recovery and thanks for sharing.

Ed

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Silver Member

Saw in his post on Snipers Hide that he is back making brakes. Apparently not 100% yet but working again.
Romans 12:12
Old 12-06-2011, 11:55 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinodods View Post
Saw in his post on Snipers Hide that he is back making brakes. Apparently not 100% yet but working again.
Very good to hear.