New member, first post!! I have a new Thompson Center Icon in 308 with weaver style bases. The rifle 90% of the time will be used for target shooting (200 -300 yds mostly but option for up to 500yds) and the other 10% for wild boar hunting. I have been researching scopes for months and have it narrowed down to:
Leupold VX-7 2.5-10x45mm (XT Duplex reticle)
Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10x40mm LR/T M1 Riflescope (duplex reticle)
Victory Diavari 2.5-10x42 T* (#8 reticle)
Based on what I am using the rifle for what would you recommend? I really like the Victory Diavari but it has 1/3 moa adjustments and an adjustment range of 44 vs 1/4 moa and an adjustment range of at least 72 on the Leupolds. Is that a problem? I dont want to run out of windage/elevation adjustments. Any feedback would be appreciated!
Anyone who has a Victory - are they hard to mount and how is the eye relief?
I am going to buy one good scope and if I get another rifle I will move it to the new one. I am not going to buy another scope.