Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Rifle Stock Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Bronze Member

Rifle Stock Question

Hey everyone first off today I got back from the gunsmith and my rem 700 is finally in shooting form, still waiting on a new barrel but the stock one will do fine till that comes in. However I was wondering if anyone had ever used one of those Axiom stocks from Knoxx. I was considering this because of its recoil suppression as well as I wouldn't have to really worry about making the barrel fit the stock later on. A lot of advice from you all has helped me tremendously already so thank yall and just curious what you think on this one.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:51 AM
Silver Member

Re: Rifle Stock Question

I am not sure I have seen that stock but I have seen the knox stocks for shotguns. I'm sure it is the same idea for felt recoil reduction. I guess my question would be, can I get the same or better results from a muzzle break? Is the knox stock rigid enough to be bedded? Is it butt heavy with all that recoil reduction stuff in there? In my opinion a quality HS precision or something simiular and a muzzle break of some sort might be the way to go. My 300 Rum with a MPI stock and a defensive edge break literally kicks like a 243. I didnt believe it til I tried it.

Good luck!

Jpritt

I am the way I am because I watched the movies "Red Dawn" and "Tremors" at a impressionable age.