Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

remingtonman_25_06, where have you been?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2006, 04:27 PM
Platinum Member

Re: remingtonman_25_06, where have you been?

Yah it sucks not being able to go shoot where I am used to doing so. I still have a place out in the country, about 10 miles from my house, but its out in the middle of the sand/sagebrush and its just not as nice to shoot, or stable, among other reasons. Oh well though, 1 ding dong ruins the whole going.
The day I did not leave (ARMY) I went and got a job at Marlette. Making manufactured homes. So Kari and I got a duplex in town. Rent is 850 month. Thats a killer. I hate to see it go ever month, I'm just thinking, custom rifle..custom rifle..custom rifle..ha ha ha. Its not that bad though. I have a lot better understanding of what it means to live on your own. And yah, Kari likes to shoot the only pistol we have, and it just so happens to be a Colt .22. We went camping over July 4th weekend and we took that with us. She loved shooting it at a square box I made for a target. She would count how many she got in the box after a clip of 10. We also rode our dirt bikes on trails and had campfires. She does like to camp, which is a good thing. Not to much of a girly girl. She never has shot anything, yet. I'm trying to get her into varmint shooting, like squirrels with the 22. Once she gets into that, I think she will hunt big game.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:56 PM
Platinum Member

Well, yur getting to learn a bit about life. If it weren't for the people (sometimes) there would be more places to shoot.

The idea, which I got too late, is to buy your own 2000yd area to shoot in. Mine is only 200yds (5 acres) and the neighbors grouse once in a while. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Find a high spot over by Woodpecker trucks you otta be able to shoot for miles [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2006, 07:19 PM
Platinum Member

Yuup Roy's got the right idea.
Buy then build a couple thousand yard range----> plus i'd add a moto-X track to the target area.Or you could just practice wheelies to and from the target.
I have a 01 cr500r the last of the monsters ,this is my third 500 i had 2 kx's.So far on this honda -two broken legs ,a few broken ribs ,pulled groin ,and a broke back.
The broken back really let the air out of me.
Hired Gun is right about the 500's they in themselves are addicting.
Over jumping jumps w/a 500r will get you down.Mike
Old 07-24-2006, 01:54 PM
Gold Member

so when did you get married? was it this summer? Congradulations!

summer gets busy, but it's good to see ya around.
take care, jon

also, i think it would be good to see a wedding pic after all the dead coyotes and rockchucks, and deer, and elk, and bear, and.......etc....etc... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]