Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Remington Sendero or Savage Weather Warrior

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 07:26 AM
Silver Member

Re: Remington Sendero or Savage Weather Warrior

I agree with most here, and say the Sendero is the better gun between the two. I have a 110 FCP-K in .300wm. They don't make them anymore, but can be found in the $800 range. I don't know your plan for the gun, as far as packing it, but this would be a good option.

Savage Arms Firearms > 10/110 FCP HS Precision
Old 01-19-2012, 12:10 PM

Another vote for Remington. The last three new Savages I shot didn't do so well, but I'm sure with a lot of work you could get them to come around. The Remingtons I've shot lately were about as close to perfect as one could hope for right out of the box.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:42 AM
Silver Member

++ On the sendero.. My 300rum is an amazing shooter.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:32 AM
Silver Member

You already have many good opinions here but these are two completely different guns. Of the two the Sendero will be more likely to produce better groups. The Weather Warrior would be better suited for hiking around with. If you are wanting a heavy gun for shooting small groups I would buy the Savage 110 FCP HS Precision before the Remington any day. To the poster that said the Savages he shot would not shoot- there had to be something wrong with them. I can not even count how many Savages I own or have owned and none of them would not shoot.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:37 AM
Gold Member

I'm a savage fan. But what you r trying to compare r Apples to Oranges. Both r nice rifles but come on there not even close to being the same. Between the two you named its going to be REMINGTON. But like said earlier give savage equal equipment and it will be down to person preference. Savage shoot really good.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Platinum Member

I'm with the previous two posts, in an equal comparison the Savage but in this one the Remington.

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 01-20-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfurman24 View Post
You already have many good opinions here but these are two completely different guns. Of the two the Sendero will be more likely to produce better groups. The Weather Warrior would be better suited for hiking around with. If you are wanting a heavy gun for shooting small groups I would buy the Savage 110 FCP HS Precision before the Remington any day. To the poster that said the Savages he shot would not shoot- there had to be something wrong with them. I can not even count how many Savages I own or have owned and none of them would not shoot.
I heard the same thing but three new guns from two different stores (one special ordered from Savage) and none would shoot under 1.5" at 100 yards. The stocks were bad, the trigger pull was a mess compared to what folks would have you believe. The special order split case necks on factory Remington and Winchester loads. I'm guessing it wasn't head spaced correctly from the factory, or the reamer was bad. I could go on with the issues we found with these three rifles, but won't. Also we compared guns in the same price range all purchased through local dealers.

I think the big draw to Savage is home tinkers can swap barrels and customize them without proper training or equipment. TC figured this out are just released a bolt gun that takes about two minutes to swap. They are owned by Smith and Wesson now and should be pretty good guns.