Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Remington Sendero

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Bronze Member

Remington Sendero

So I bought a new Sendero 300 Ultra Mag, put a 4-16 Vortex PST on it and it turns out to be a real shooter with Berger 168 VLD'S. I am very pleased with the gun except it has a hard time pulling the brass out of the chamber at times. If you use the cleaning rod to push them out they are not stuck in there at all. I guess my question is are these guns famous for bad extractors? or am I just lucky. Also what is the best option to fix it?
Old 10-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Remington Sendero

My Sendero SF 7mmSTW does this as well. But I think it's more from Remington using reamers that have too generous of a chamber width, or too they ream the head-spacing a couple thousandths too deep.

I plan on taking mine to my smith for inspection next time I head down there to have him finish up a rifle build for me.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks for the reply Mudrunner, I have been doing a little reading and it sounds like a lot of folks use a Sako extractor, I am going to do a little research on this.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Platinum Member

I believe I misread your post. You mean the extractor slips and leaves the brass in the chamber? If that's the case, then I answered incorrectly, as my rifle does NOT do that.

I thought you meant that it was tough opening up the bolt and getting the bolt to slide back with the shell still in the extractor.

My appologies.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Silver Member

The best option in my opinion is to have an M-16 extractor installed by a good gunsmith. I have had several done and they work great. Gary
Old 10-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Bronze Member

I didnt know an M16 extractor was an option, thanks for the help. Best place to buy one??
Old 10-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Platinum Member

If your having a hard time getting the case to come out of chamber it could be your primary extraction. Bolt handle is probably to far back on bolt.