Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Remington "factory blemish" rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 10:10 PM

Remington "factory blemish" rifles

First of all, thanks for all the good info on here guys. I've been lurking for a while now, learning what I can, and trying to decide if I want to jump into the long-range game with a "big" gun. I've been shooting groundhogs for a few years and got serious about it in the last 3 or 4 years. I'm looking to buy an elk rifle and hopefully use the same one for some longer range deer hunting here in PA. I got bit by the bug big time this year when I took a whitetail doe at a lasered distance of 900 yds using my father-in-law's .30 Hart. Bad idea for me.

Anyone ever heard of a Remington factory blemish rifle for sale? I've found a place to purchase an unfired Model 700 XCR long range tactical for under $800. The ad states that they are factory blemishes, either marks on the stock or metalwork.

My questions are: Ever heard of Big Green doing this? this is an online purchase, and I won't be able to see the rifle until after its shipped? go ahead and hope for the best, or pass? I like the savings and if its too bad, i would likely get the gun coated to clean it up (if its a shooter, that is).

Any/all thoughts would be appreciated, either on price, or on the model itself. I have a Remmy 700 VSSF II in .22-250 and its a one-holer, so I'm good with the quality of that gun, and may be leaning towards a Sendero either in 300WM or 300 RUM.

Pete
Old 02-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Silver Member

Re: Remington "factory blemish" rifles

Never heard of this, sounds like a good price as long as nothing is mechanically wrong. Does it come with any kind of warranty?
Old 02-03-2011, 07:54 AM

I'm not sure about the warranty, but they are mechancially perfect. Only cosmetic blemishes. The gun has their Tynite finish on the barrel, not sure how if that was the blemish, that it could be fixed other than sending it back to Remington.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Platinum Member

i have a couple vssf and senderos . awesome. sounds likea goot buy.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Platinum Member

If they come with a full factory warranty, then it's probably just a blemished gun. If there's no warranty....pass on the deal.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Platinum Member

I thought that was how all Remingtons came

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"