Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Remington...errrr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Platinum Member

Remington...errrr

Hello all,
I have a bit of a problem. I bought a .338 Ultra Mag in Model 700 XCR. I thougth that It would be a good rifle considering I paid over $1200 CAD. Well the thing has been nothing but nightmares from day 1. this is my first long range rifle (never mind that it is a sporter rifle, its all I can afford) and my only big game rifle. I sold my .340 weatherby so that I could get this one (boy, do I regret it). The issue I am now faced with is this: I have 2 months till bear season and 3 months till everything else season and MY TRIGGER IS BROKEN IN HALF!!!!! It came with the X-Mark pro adjustable and when I got it the set screw was 1/4" out if the trigger. "no biggy" I though, and screwed it in. left it be for awhile while I releived the barrel channel, stiffened the forend, glass bedded it and painted it. then I went to take the barrelled action out of the stock and the trigger broke right at the set screw!!! I still need to varify my tragectories and do load development! the Remington rep pointed me to their warranty place in Quebec (I'm on the other side of the country in B.C). When I talked to them they were helpful at first saying that they will send me a new trigger assemlby, then they e-mailed me and told me that I have to send in the whole rifle. for them to get me a new trigger it was going to be 6-8 weeks. I have no idea what it will take for me to ship them my rifle, them to fix it, and then get it back to me. I doubt that it would even be back for hunting season, not to mention that I probably am paying the shipping. I told them that I need something a little more customer friendly. waiting on there reply. what should I do? I dont have the $$ to get a new trigger (rifel basix or jewel). do I just send it in and take this crap? or can I buy a used trigger for a reasonable amount? I just dont understand how someone can pay good coin for a rifle (us Canadians always pay good coin), and then when the thing has a manufacturer defect, I get screwed. I just think that remington should be doing justice to the situation rather than me getting left with no rifle for hunting season. anybody gone through this shinanigins before?

Old 05-27-2009, 11:34 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Remington...errrr

With your hunt coming up I would just order a Jewel trigger and be done with it.

After you get the trigger ( A couple of weeks) install it and you will never look back.

Once you have the Jewel then keep hounding Remington foe a new trigger and tell them
that you don't have time to ship your rifle and risk not having it back in time to make the
hunt. and that you will send them the trigger buy registered Mail and then they can send
you the replacement for the broken one.

That way if they drag there feet it won't ruin your hunt.

Give Jewel a call and they will help you out.

J E CUSTOM
Old 05-28-2009, 12:21 AM
Platinum Member

I would love to get a nice trigger, but unfortunatly I'm way over budget already with my hunting gear. I still need rings and bases for my rifle, some more powder, a weather meter and a spotting scope. All which will be low end stuff. a trigger is just not in the budget. My wife will give me a whoopin' if I spend anything more. Thanks for the thought though. I'm just getting set up this year, hopefully next year I can start getting nice stuff, slowly... very slowy.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:43 AM
Silver Member

Remington 700 New X Mark Pro Series trigger! : Small Parts at GunBroker.com
Old 05-28-2009, 04:54 AM
Platinum Member

angus,
I have a spare factory Rem trigger. I think it is a X Mark trigger. Breaks like glass, but I replaced it with a Jewell on a custom build. I will send it to you. Do you have a smith that can install it for you ?
Send me a PM with your mailing adress and just pay me what you feel it is worth.
Just trying to help you out.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:51 AM
Platinum Member

Angus, I will also send you an x mark if you need one, Don't worry about the money. It will be my dime, I only have 19 of them laying around in a box.

Get the phone number off my site or e-mail me an adress.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:20 AM
Silver Member

Way to step up guy's. It don't get any better than that!!!