Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

remington 700 sendero questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-29-2009, 07:53 PM
Silver Member

Re: remington 700 sendero questions

1200? with the lapua?

haha good one, they've been tested to 2400, and like i said, mine shots accurately to near a mile... and theres plenty of energy when it gets there.

There are some good bullets for the 7s...but even in all there is to choose from in the 30 cal range... i am yet to see an outstanding BC that is a reasonable weight.

I would like to have a 30-378 that could put out 208 a-maxs. I bet the standard 1:8 twist could do it.

TEX

Unread 05-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Bronze Member

I finally got my scope back from leupold with the new m1 turrets put on..

Check it out and tell me what u think...

Unread 05-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Gold Member

i think you did good riddler. now learn how to use those turrets. its no big deal and you'll be fine with it. get the muzzel brake, it will help alot. you will see your own hits. also get loading. take your time dont buy junk. keep us posted.
Unread 05-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Platinum Member

Riddler what brand are those camo kneepads? Do you like them? I need a pair for my antelope hunt this fall. lemme know...

L_L
Unread 05-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaders_loft View Post
Riddler what brand are those camo kneepads? Do you like them? I need a pair for my antelope hunt this fall. lemme know...

L_L

the brand is B.P.E.. standard issue us army. thats where i got them.. they work well if you dont move.. once you start crawling they slip down your your ankles. they have knee pads that are integrated into the acu pants(army digi camo pants) and fit into velcro pockets on knees that work real well.. if you crawl any distance i would not recomend them but if you lay still for a long period of time or kneel they will work great. if you want a cheap place to buy them join the military.. they are free lol.. good luck
Unread 05-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Platinum Member

First of all.....welcome to LRH. It's a great place for specialized knowledge on shooting long distance. Over the last 9 pages you have received some great advice. I agree with most suggestions that have been made. The one piece of advice I would give...and it is a tough one to consistently follow.....is to listen to the advice of others who have been there.

When I first got into this game, I didn't always listen. The result was wasted money, time, gas and barrel life. I guess when it comes to the school of hard knocks, I always insist on paying full tuition. As I have gotten older, I have seen the wisdom of listening and learning from others that know their business. It's a trust issue of sorts, but the waiter usually knows the best/most popular dishes on the menu.

A final note: don't buy stuff because it looks cool. I have yet to see a rifle that could kill based on looks. It's kinda like Daniel Boone grinning a bear to death. Great story, but never really happened. Stick with functionality. You already have a great rifle. There seems to be a consensus forming in this thread that a muzzlebrake, skim bedding action and a trigger job or custom trigger would give you the most bang for the buck. Start there. Reloading will be a must if you stay in the game. Good luck to you!
Unread 05-22-2009, 08:18 AM
Gold Member

it would be hard to add to AZSUGARBEARS comments in a productive way,
but i will add this.
listen to the advice of others, but dont take all as gospel.
there are those who have very little actual experience, but lots of computer time.
there is a difference.