Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics


Reply

Remington 700 5r milspec 300wm

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8  
Old 04-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 887
Re: Remington 700 5r milspec 300wm

Here is some info on my recently purchased 5R 300 WM.

Remington 5R Nearing Completion

Here is a video link of me shooting it suppressed.

http://s484.photobucket.com/albums/rr203/bacreer/Videos/?action=view&current=MVI_0379.mp4
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 180
Re: Remington 700 5r milspec 300wm

Brent thats an awesome looking setup. That picture of your 110 yard group is outstanding.
I guess the claim that a 300WM cant be as accurate as a 308 is a myth
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 887
Re: Remington 700 5r milspec 300wm

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay View Post
Brent thats an awesome looking setup. That picture of your 110 yard group is outstanding.
I guess the claim that a 300WM cant be as accurate as a 308 is a myth
Plenty of long range records have been won with a 300 Win mag. The 5R is a solid rifle for sure.

What model is your AR10?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-29-2012, 07:15 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 180
Re: Remington 700 5r milspec 300wm

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentc View Post
Plenty of long range records have been won with a 300 Win mag. The 5R is a solid rifle for sure.

What model is your AR10?
Armalite lower/upper
Noveske 18" barrel with AAC flash hider
PRI tube
PRI gasbuster charging handle
PRS stock
GG&G front/rear sights

I really dont want to get rid of it. Im thinking of just keeping it in AZ where I live and bringing whatever California legal guns I have with me.
I may only be there for the summer, Im not sure if its going to be a permanent move or not. But if I do end up trading, a rem700 5r would be nice. I also like the FN SPR
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-30-2012, 07:47 AM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 887
Re: Remington 700 5r milspec 300wm

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay View Post
Armalite lower/upper
Noveske 18" barrel with AAC flash hider
PRI tube
PRI gasbuster charging handle
PRS stock
GG&G front/rear sights

I really dont want to get rid of it. Im thinking of just keeping it in AZ where I live and bringing whatever California legal guns I have with me.
I may only be there for the summer, Im not sure if its going to be a permanent move or not. But if I do end up trading, a rem700 5r would be nice. I also like the FN SPR
Keep the AR10 for sure. While the 5R is a solid rifle, I don't think the trade is a fair deal without some extra cash involved for your AR10. You can find lightly used 5Rs for under 1K quite regularly, and I'm absolutely sure your AR10 is worth more than that. If you must trade your AR10, consider getting both the bolt guns you mentioned in your first post for it.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 180
Re: Remington 700 5r milspec 300wm

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentc View Post
Keep the AR10 for sure. While the 5R is a solid rifle, I don't think the trade is a fair deal without some extra cash involved for your AR10. You can find lightly used 5Rs for under 1K quite regularly, and I'm absolutely sure your AR10 is worth more than that. If you must trade your AR10, consider getting both the bolt guns you mentioned in your first post for it.
ya its woth almost double but the trade was going to include a sightron s3 scope, forester dies, 20 moa badger rail and badger rings and 200 rounds with 210gr berger vld's to make up the difference.
That deal fell through, so Ive decided just to keep it
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 82
Re: Remington 700 5r milspec 300wm

You certainly won't go wrong with the M700 5R .300WM and with a little doctoring by a good gunsmith and a replacement trigger you may do better than 1/2 MOA at 100 yards. Mine does.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: Remington 700 5r milspec 300wm
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTS: Remington 700 5R MilSpec 300 WM XCR Guns For Sale 5 05-01-2012 05:09 PM
Rem700 SS 5R milspec 300WM Willoughby Guns For Sale 2 04-24-2012 08:28 AM
Remington 700 5R milspec 300 win mag shocking300 Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics 2 04-04-2012 06:48 PM
Remington 700 5R Milspec ss gunslinger169 Guns For Sale 13 10-19-2010 06:25 AM
WTB: Used Remington 700 VS or VSF LH 308 or 5R Milspec (FL) Bayport_Bob Guns For Sale 4 10-19-2006 03:35 PM

Current Poll
Do You Think Slingshots Should Be Legalized For Hunting Brown Bear?
Yes - 47.10%
884 Votes
No - 52.90%
993 Votes
Total Votes: 1,877
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC