Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Reloading for accuracy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Reloading for accuracy

I just watched a video of handloading for accuracy, made by a benchrest shooter. He just about exclusively used wilson dies with an arbor press. He explained he never used regular press dies for reloading , only case forming. I am an avid reloader, I reload for everything. I must have 15 high quality bolt action rifles. I prefer mauser actions, but like remington actions too. My question since I am new here, Are wilson dies the way to go, and how good are the redding bushing S type dies. I just about only use RCBS stuff, because that is all I ever knew about. Any answers or suggestions, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Sneakypete ( old time Army Green Beret) "We put the Special, in Special Operations", along with the Seals.

Unread 08-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Silver Member
Re: Reloading for accuracy

I have never used the Wilson dies so I have no comment on them. As far as the Redding dies I really like them. I used to only use RCBS dies, then I tried the Redding dies and will never go back. I have the type S dies for my .338 Lapua Mag and am very happy. I am in the process of replacing all my die sets with redding dies. If you choose to go with Redding you will not be dissapointed. I like the compatition seater die it is very precise. Hope this helps.
Unread 08-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Platinum Member

I don't own any of the wilson dies, but for the 6 different calibers I reload I have four Redding sets, and two Forster sets. Either one will produce very accurate ammo.

Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity.
Unread 08-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Platinum Member

All I use period and those are cut with my own reamers-----I load everything just like I do for my competition rifles. This is a different world that most folks do not understand but it is fun!!! Just get ready to see a drop in your checking account balance!!
The Truth Is Not Always Good For Business!!