Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Red Deer -Scotland

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Bronze Member

Red Deer -Scotland

I received my Defensive Edge 6.5x284 a couple of weeks ago and have been sorting out a load and putting it through my crono etc.
I got my first victim the other day ( Roe Deer ) at 90yrds the 140 amax left a tennis ball sized exit and took half a lung with it and spread it like fertelizer up the field.
Today i was shooting Red Deer Hinds (females) with my mate Murph.We set off early with the stalker (guide) as the weather wasnt going to be great in the afternoon.We spied some Hinds straight away but they were on edge and didnt
hang about but it wasnt long before we saw another group (20) and set off for them but a couple of Stags spotted us and headed over too the hinds and must have told them a world of hurt was heading their way ( they didnt hang about to find out ).We hiked over to the next Glen (valley) it was shrouded in mist but started to clear we spotted two groups on the opposite hill.While we discussed a plan we spotted another group which would be easier to get so we went for them
Murph fires first and the hind goes down as if some one has stolen all the bones out of its body
i fire next but hit my hind a bit low as i am reloading Murph takes another and i finish mines off the rest take to their heels and vanish into the mist
the weather man was spot on it started snowing in the afternoon time to head home
i have been watching three Roe deer feeding next to my target and have the day off tomorrow one of them is dead it just doesnt know it yet

Old 12-01-2009, 06:15 PM

Re: Red Deer -Scotland

Where are the rest of the pictures Bud??

I especially like the one of me breathing thru my arse, another good day on the hill. to have an even better one I better get me some gym time and less time with plates of food in front of me

Murph
Old 12-02-2009, 08:32 AM
Bronze Member

this was the Roe that was hanging around next to my target shot it at 344yrds
Old 12-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Platinum Member

Great Pics Roe buck! That 6.5x284 is a great cartridge and one nice outfit you have! I love Scotland... hope I can get back there for another visit someday. Thanks for sharing.

Mark
Old 12-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Gold Member

Great pics guys, thanks for sharing! Sure looks moist over there. Nice looking country to see.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:01 PM

Ok guys here is another picture from the day. I am trying to keep this all PC with folks this side of the pond. The fat ugly fecker in ths pic is my fat self. the others enjoying the free ride downhill are about 40% of the days cull. shot by 3 shooters. all in all a great day on the hill, the conditions were by no means perfect, but then again they were not that bad. maybe roebuck can edit some more pics and get them up here. its just a pity we have to be so carefull so as not to give too much away and let the antis know where we are stalking.

all the best

Murph

Last edited by Murph; 12-07-2009 at 06:09 PM. Reason: image url
Old 12-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Platinum Member

Great pics and a nice rig. That's a whole lot a meat ya got there