Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Rangefinder question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Gold Member

Rangefinder question

I posed this question over at accurat shooter and got no responce. I have a Terrapin and love it, but it is just to big to carry around.

I was looking at the Leica 1600 and see that they touting all of the extra electronic dodads and hooha's that it has...balistic computer this and it adjust for temp and incline...ect...ect....

Anyway, can this sruff all be turned off and just have it give me a simple range to target?
Old 11-22-2013, 01:03 PM
Silver Member

Re: Rangefinder question

Check the Leica website I would think so.

Leica Camera AG - Sport Optics - Rangemaster
maybe give them a call...

I feel there the best value for the quality in range finding
Old 11-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Platinum Member

Yes. I use the one button to get incline, ABP, and ignore temp. I use the other button to get LOS distance in yards. Done. With a fresh battery I have ranged 1980 yards on rocks fairly frequently.

Love this little Leica.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
Yes. I use the one button to get incline, ABP, and ignore temp. I use the other button to get LOS distance in yards. Done. With a fresh battery I have ranged 1980 yards on rocks fairly frequently.

Love this little Leica.
Thanks!! I have about $700.00 in Cabellas points just waiting to get used!!!

Tod
Old 11-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xforfun View Post
I posed this question over at accurat shooter and got no responce. I have a Terrapin and love it, but it is just to big to carry around.

I was looking at the Leica 1600 and see that they touting all of the extra electronic dodads and hooha's that it has...balistic computer this and it adjust for temp and incline...ect...ect....

Anyway, can this sruff all be turned off and just have it give me a simple range to target?

Yes you can set it up for just line of site measurement in yards or meters.

I have mine set up with the primary button giving me line of sight distance then the Adjusted Horizontal Distance comes up just below both in yards when the look angle is not level.

The secondary button when pushed will give you the temp, station pressure and look angle if you need it. I do not use any of the ballistic stuff.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 11-22-2013, 02:05 PM
Silver Member

Same as above. I use range and declination only and plug into my own ballistics calc.