Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Long Range Hunting & Shooting

Long Range Hunting & Shooting Nightforce Optics

Rabbit Hunting in Utah

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Bronze Member

Rabbit Hunting in Utah

We went out New Years day and had a blast. I shot eight rabbits in a couple hours. I missed quit a few too [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]. Man those little guys keep me tuned up in the winter time. Every shot was at one running full speed. I killed several over 150+ yards, which is a long ways for a rabbit running full speed. My 22-250 makes it seem easy though. Thought I would just share this story because hunting rabbits can be a blast. Especially here in Utah there are so many. If you are in the area you gotta try it.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Rabbit Hunting in Utah

I would agree with you. But,I enjoy taking the AR-15 to stop the little bunny rabbits. I went over the Christmas Holiday, I to had a BLAST. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
But to keep it interesting take the 22 LR out and keep the distance past 75 yards.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Bronze Member

I did that too. Man its amazing how high I had to hold and how much you have to lead them. They can humble you in a hurry. Just bought a new AR and haven't had it out yet so we'll see how that goes next.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Bronze Member

Where in Utah? I'm in central down by Richfield and boy those buggars are fun. Shot several over the holidays!!
Old 01-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Bronze Member

We went out to the West Desert, out by Vernon. I think they are one of the funnest animals to hunt. Especially when they jump and run two feet from ya. There are 100yds away before you know it. Are there any good places down by richfield?
Old 01-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Bronze Member

Where do you go, i don't know anywhere in utah but i go out to wyoming and there are plenty out there to. I use the old .17 hmr good rabbit medicine.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:55 AM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
Every shot was at one running full speed. I killed several over 150+ yards, which is a long ways for a rabbit running full speed. My 22-250 makes it seem easy though. hunting rabbits can be a blast.

[/ QUOTE ]

A 22-250 sure would waste a lot meat. I hate to think that you are shooting a game animal that is great eating and not harvesting the meat.

Dr B

“ Three rules of Life: If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. Don't worry about what people think; they don't do it very often. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.